Cadillac Square Park

rbdetsport

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tents are for Bank One being rename Chase unveiling signage etc notice that the Bank One Building is now Chase Tower . It's actually listed on the front page they usually list any public events taking place in the park

I didn't think work would start this soon I heard it would be in a couple months, but if they're starting early that's great too. Yes, Detroit 300 is paying for it since they own and operate the park

This makes me very excited because I remember walking down Cadillac Square and having to manuver around those tall fences. This will be a great added feature for Campus Martius and will give more of a reason for a company to settle down on Monroe Block. This will probably have half the effect Campus Martius had but the effect CM had was HUGE! This space will make for a perfect spot to take pictures from. Michi, Zissou, Wolverine, Allan! But we have thought this project was starting before like when they were taking down the bus stations and putting in the new grass. I think this time is it. I believe that they are starting it. Good Job Detroit 300!!!!!

I was up on top of 1001 Woodward again yesterday and got a pretty good aerial view of the bulldozer digging up the median of Cadillac Square. Though there isn't much info out there, it looked as if they were "going to town" on the tearing up of it.

I'll take you up in the building. I know the developer. But yesterday I was with the Detroit Orientation Institute...which was amazing!!

Edit: The dev. will take you up if we were to go ask. I'm sure he would, but it's entirely up to him. ;)

But if you were ever to go to the office on the ground floor, his name is Pierre LeBlanc and he is really nice and loves talking to anyone about his building.

BTW, It looks like they are repaving or paving, I am not sure, the brick in CMP. Today on the webcam they had brick picked up around the Monroe Marker. There were bricks ready to be put in too.

You mean in place of that gravel crap? That will look nice if they lay brick walkways down. Although there was something about the dirt that made it feel unique because of the whole setting. It sucked when it got wet though...especially the day before the SuperBowl.

The gravel aspect of CMP is cool. Not all of the park needs to be pavers.

I agree, but they don't want to leave the opinion of the park not looking finished. I think they need to pave the whole park because people always say it doesn't look finished yet. When I was walking around the park one day after the grand opening, my parents said, "God they didn't finish the park yet."

Cadillac Square Construction - Construction has begun on the Cadillac Square Campus Martius Park space, with a late summer 2006 completion date. Funding for the construction is being provided through the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation and the design through Detroit 300 Conervancy. Plans and more detail will be posted soon.

-Released by Detroit 300 Conservancy

LOL, yeah I've had friends comment on the gravel. It's usually expected that formal gardens in parks have pavers, but I think Campus Martius is special having the gravel. Unfortunately it doesn't look pretty in the winter.

You can say that about most of Detroit.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived