Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

On 5/17/2018 at 9:18 AM, xapostrophe said:

dont forget how terrible lga is and ord is pretty nasty and narrow.  

at this point, i think PIT was the widest and best laid out hub.  everywhere is too narrow.  even atlanta is more similar clt.

There is nothin wrong with ATL. Super efficient. I could probably survive in that airport for 2 weeks before running out of things to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

There is nothin wrong with ATL. Super efficient. I could probably survive in that airport for 2 weeks before running out of things to do. 

It’s dreadful. There’s no way around it. 

15 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

It’s dreadful. There’s no way around it. 

Agreed. The Halls are narrow.  It's a better terminal layout operationally for sure.  But it's narrow like Charlotte.  Low ceilings like Charlotte.  

People beotch about Charlotte all the time but ord, lga, ewr all suck just as bad if not more.

5 hours ago, xapostrophe said:

Agreed. The Halls are narrow.  It's a better terminal layout operationally for sure.  But it's narrow like Charlotte.  Low ceilings like Charlotte.  

People beotch about Charlotte all the time but ord, lga, ewr all suck just as bad if not more.

Maybe on terminal C, D or T. Terminals E,F, A and B aren't narrow at all.

21 hours ago, Dale said:

Yeah, I must be flying through the wrong Atlanta. I don't find it at all confining.

No, you're flying through the right ATL.  It's much less confining than CLT.  Just a lot more passengers,  makes it look as narrow as CLT.

1 hour ago, Miesian Corners said:

AA's concourses in ORD are 13 inches wider than CLT's. I honestly believe that if the holding rooms were larger in CLT, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. 

probably true.  

13 inches is nothing.   this was pretty much my point, most of the hubs today are tight.

IAD is pretty decent from my experience in B terminal.

• Like 1

I am so freaking sick and tired of ground ops at CLT.  On an eagle flight from ATL, landed here at 2:40 for a 3:15 arrival.  It is now 3:18 and we have parked for the 4th time, this time just short of the damn corner at the top of E because it’s a one way and we have to wait for two planes to come out so we can access my gate.  

Such an embarrassment of an operation.  Can’t wait to sit at claim for 40 more minutes for my bag.  

1 hour ago, kickazzz2000 said:

I am so freaking sick and tired of ground ops at CLT.  On an eagle flight from ATL, landed here at 2:40 for a 3:15 arrival.  It is now 3:18 and we have parked for the 4th time, this time just short of the damn corner at the top of E because it’s a one way and we have to wait for two planes to come out so we can access my gate.  

Such an embarrassment of an operation.  Can’t wait to sit at claim for 40 more minutes for my bag.  

In the perspective of AA, your flight arrived at 3:23, an on time arrival within 15 minute of the expected arrival time and a check in the box of a successful operational flight. CLT ranks  12th of the 50 largest airports in the world for on time arrivals with 84.71% of flights on time (ATL ranks 9th for reference with 85.03% on time). 

Your plane was de-prioritized since it arrived early and was still going to be an on time arrival so as to keep other flights departing on time. It's what ops team's do all the time. Same type of prioritization as New York area ATC delaying and canceling all regional jets on the East Coast when there is congestion from inbound trans Atlantic jumbo jets low on fuel.

Edited by CLT2014

3 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

In the perspective of AA, your flight arrived at 3:23, an on time arrival within 15 minute of the expected arrival time and a check in the box of a successful operational flight. CLT ranks  12th of the 50 largest airports in the world for on time arrivals with 84.71% of flights on time (ATL ranks 9th for reference with 85.03% on time). 

Your plane was de-prioritized since it arrived early and was still going to be an on time arrival so as to keep other flights departing on time. It's what ops team's do all the time. Same type of prioritization as New York area ATC delaying and canceling all regional jets on the East Coast when there is congestion from inbound trans Atlantic jumbo jets low on fuel.

When you gotta piss, it matters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

That picture is 50 years from now.  Im 34 and will be dead most likely before see that diagram in real life.

What are you doing with your life that you think 84 isn't attainable? Especially with how medicine will be in 50 years. Think positive!

• Like 4

The video on my American Airlines flight where it shows different destinations around the USA has a skyline shot of charlotte that is pre DEC, pre Vue, but post Avenue. Gosh, you’d think they’d treat number 2 hub better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The video on my American Airlines flight where it shows different destinations around the USA has a skyline shot of charlotte that is pre DEC, pre Vue, but post Avenue. Gosh, you’d think they’d treat number 2 hub better

Yea I think that same shot you’re referring to on my flight to Hong Kong last month... they show all these huge international cities and then like 2006ish Charlotte... I was thinking, “Really??” Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

CLT has been and probably always will be the red-headed stepchild of AA hubs.  All other hubs with the exception of PHX have or are getting the beautiful new Flagship lounges which, in my opinion, hold their own against the best business class lounges in the world, and all other hubs have or are getting fully renovated Admirals Clubs.  Meanwhile, I think the old US Airways Clubs at CLT got new carpet?  No announced plans for any further renovations to existing clubs or a badly-needed new club on E.  But, hey, we have more non-stops to more destinations than any city our size (and many that are much larger), and AA has plans to keep expanding here, so that’s a win in my book.  It would be nice if AA management at least made us feel like CLT is good for something other than cheaply routing price-conscious leisure travelers to Florida, though.

1 hour ago, cltcane said:

CLT has been and probably always will be the red-headed stepchild of AA hubs.  All other hubs with the exception of PHX have or are getting the beautiful new Flagship lounges which, in my opinion, hold their own against the best business class lounges in the world, and all other hubs have or are getting fully renovated Admirals Clubs.  Meanwhile, I think the old US Airways Clubs at CLT got new carpet?  No announced plans for any further renovations to existing clubs or a badly-needed new club on E.  But, hey, we have more non-stops to more destinations than any city our size (and many that are much larger), and AA has plans to keep expanding here, so that’s a win in my book.  It would be nice if AA management at least made us feel like CLT is good for something other than cheaply routing price-conscious leisure travelers to Florida, though.

I suspect they'll renovate the lounges after the terminal renovations are complete.

• Like 1