Jump to content

uptownliving

Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Aer Lingus is buying 8 A321LR planes in 2019-2020 and supposedly will be starting Charlotte service to Dublin.

That BofA is relocating their EU operations to Dublin from London due to Brexit should further help demand.

Where did you hear about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Aer Lingus is buying 8 A321LR planes in 2019-2020 and supposedly will be starting Charlotte service to Dublin.

That BofA is relocating their EU operations to Dublin from London due to Brexit should further help demand.

Great news for me. Not so great for London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, atlrvr said:

Aer Lingus is buying 8 A321LR planes in 2019-2020 and supposedly will be starting Charlotte service to Dublin.

That BofA is relocating their EU operations to Dublin from London due to Brexit should further help demand.

Would look great on A North (doesn’t need FIS) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kickazzz2000 said:

DUB is precleared.   If you ever see an AA A330 at B9, it likely came from Dublin.  

Not necessarily true. In season, Rome (FCO), early London (LHR) and Dublin (DUB) usually depart from the end of B Concourse. It's usually a cluster down there because there are too many people for that tiny area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

Not necessarily true. In season, Rome (FCO), early London (LHR) and Dublin (DUB) usually depart from the end of B Concourse. It's usually a cluster down there because there are too many people for that tiny area. 

Fair enough, but if it CAME from anywhere transatlantic, it came from DUB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2017 at 5:07 PM, kickazzz2000 said:

Fair enough, but if it CAME from anywhere transatlantic, it came from DUB

Yes, there are some domestic a330 routes too, I have also seen them tow/taxi aircraft to B after unloading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, even have plan for light rail and even more surprising a spot for commuter rail. This is the first time I've ever heard commuter rail mentioned in this area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

Looks great, even have plan for light rail and even more surprising a spot for commuter rail. This is the first time I've ever heard commuter rail mentioned in this area. 

An SEHSR station has been penciled in there ever since SEHSR became a thing, its also been mentioned in sketches of NCDOT regular intercity rail service. But none of these mentions have ever had funding attached to them.  IMO the station would only be useful if service was more than 10 trains a day. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

http://www.cltairport.com/AboutCLT/Documents/Economic Development/CLT Airport Commerical Development Strategy FINAL March 27 2017.pdf

 

Don't know if anyone else other than me has looked through this, But Holy Crap CLT has a huge plan for the area surrounding the airport. I hope CLT really does this plan because it would be so good for the region and really make Charlotte more towards a Destination City.

This is the long-term vision for the airport. The "CLT South" district on pg. 34 looks really interesting to me.  It kind of looks like how the area around ATL looks today. Hopefully, 30 years from now this vision will become a reality and CLT will look like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kermit said:

An SEHSR station has been penciled in there ever since SEHSR became a thing, its also been mentioned in sketches of NCDOT regular intercity rail service. But none of these mentions have ever had funding attached to them.  IMO the station would only be useful if service was more than 10 trains a day. 

Thanks!  I do recall something about SEHSR having a stop there now that you mention it, I just got thrown off by "commuter rail".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What interests me is the new separate terminal they are building. I didn't know they might do that. I also like that they are keeping this project decently simple and not suburbia. This project is mainly geared towards travelers, tourists, businesses, and locals that want to shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

This is the long-term vision for the airport. The "CLT South" district on pg. 34 looks really interesting to me.  It kind of looks like how the area around ATL looks today. Hopefully, 30 years from now this vision will become a reality and CLT will look like this.

Once Jerry Orr was put out to pasture CLT became the biggest developer in town.

Edited by kermit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LKN704 said:

Any idea when the pedestrian tunnels will open?

not for a while, they have to be dug the rest of the way to the terminal.  i assume theyll dig up the current commercial road next and extend the tunnels to the final length. but i think they wont open them until the new terminal front building is dont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uptownliving said:

The first phase of the arrivals level is nearing completion. Commercial traffic will be shifted onto these new lanes soon.

IMG_20171023_113918.jpg

the airport facebook page says tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

The light rail on that presentation is amazing. I would be very disappointed if this wasn’t a near term top priority. 

The airport could bank roll so much funding for a light rail segment. 

on the cover of the report, with the big picture of the airport, over where the rental car giant lot is,   is that a racetrack?  what on earth is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xapostrophe said:

on the cover of the report, with the big picture of the airport, over where the rental car giant lot is,   is that a racetrack?  what on earth is that?

I believe so, There are plans to make an area a Destination Center with a Race Experience. If they were to follow this plan exactly, CLT Would become a tourist attraction in itself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.