Rome: April 2- October 27
Barcelona: May 3- September 29
Dublin: May 3- October 27
Year round service:
London
Frankfurt
Munich: begins March 30

When will more be added?

AA is quite restricted until they get the 7 renovated gates on A early next year. 

Besides connecting more dots domestically, cough cough, ICT. If we are talking international footprint. I could see a summer seasonal AMS or VCE at some point.  A 3rd LHR and year round MAD has already been rumored. Maybe BA finally makes its entrance? 

13 minutes ago, JetBlueCLT said:

AA is quite restricted until they get the 7 renovated gates on A early next year. 

Besides connecting more dots domestically, cough cough, ICT. If we are talking international footprint. I could see a summer seasonal AMS or VCE at some point.  A 3rd LHR and year round MAD has already been rumored. Maybe BA finally makes its entrance? 

ICT = Wichita, right?  I was actually wondering recently why that not happened already.   

1 minute ago, Desert Power said:

If we actually get a hotel with a people mover from the Silver line running through the old tower site, that would be pretty freaking cool.  Always look on the bright side :D 

That would be cool. And I’m surprised there are no firm plans for an airport hotel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Desert Power said:

It looks a lot bigger from town, so that is pretty cool.

Although similarly shaped, I noticed that Atlanta's has a lot more windows/glass than CLTs.  To me ATLs version looks better.  Any idea why one would have so many more windows?

14 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

https://news.flyfrontier.com/frontier-airlines-announces-non-stop-service-from-mcccarran-international-airport-to-charlotte-douglas-international-airport/

Here's the official announcement.

Departs CLT at 8:35am

Arrives from LAS at 9:29pm

Daily flight on an A320

Starts July 10th(Seasonal)

I am surprised it took so long to get leisure prices on a route like this. I think it will do well for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, csweet said:

I find it strange that this F9 add is not a red eye. Looks like the 320 sits overnight

I think they only have access to one gate too, complicating things slightly. Once the Las Vegas flight arrives at 9:38PM, they will probably tow it and park it on the hardstand by A North. That way the gate is clear for the Denver flight that arrives at 12:54AM. That plane then sits at the gate to do the 6AM departure to Denver. Then they tow the sitting plane over to the gate for the 8:30AM departure to Las Vegas. Kind of unusual for a low cost airline, but I guess they don't have many options with one gate.

Also, looks like Air Canada has moved over to gate A2 for their flights to Toronto, leaving more room to accommodate Spirit Airlines new flights on A-North. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

I think they only have access to one gate too, complicating things slightly. Once the Las Vegas flight arrives at 9:38PM, they will probably tow it and park it on the hardstand by A North. That way the gate is clear for the Denver flight that arrives at 12:54AM. That plane then sits at the gate to do the 6AM departure to Denver. Then they tow the sitting plane over to the gate for the 8:30AM departure to Las Vegas. Kind of unusual for a low cost airline, but I guess they don't have many options with one gate.

Also, looks like Air Canada has moved over to gate A2 for their flights to Toronto, leaving more room to accommodate Spirit Airlines new flights on A-North. 

Makes sense, thank you for this.  Since AC is upgrading from an RJ, I would hope to see a YUL flight pop up soon out. 

5 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

A22 is available until JetBlues first arrival at 8:45am. Before A North opened, WN always used JetBlues A4 gate for its morning flights. I don't the logistics but I don't see why anyone couldn't use A22 in the morning. Its JetBlues gate, but they don't overnight any flights at the moment. I've also seen Contour use A2 recently, as well. I think this will change in the future with JetBlues continued expansion out of Boston.

I've actually seen JetBlue on A22, A24, A29 all at the same time lol.

Edited by JetBlueCLT
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

A22 is available until JetBlues first arrival at 8:45am. Before A North opened, WN always used JetBlues A4 gate for its morning flights. I don't the logistics but I don't see why anyone couldn't use A22 in the morning. Its JetBlues gate, but they don't overnight any flights at the moment. I've also seen Contour use A2 recently, as well. I think this will change in the future with JetBlues continued expansion out of Boston.

I've actually seen JetBlue on A22, A24, A29 all at the same time lol.

They could also put a bridge in the middle between both concourses. Where that open seating area is... And Bam new gate. Plus it was already on the plans and the model that's in that seating area.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

was this already announced about Lufthansa using A350 on the CLT to Munich route.   https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/lufthansa-to-operate-a350-900-on-charlotte-flights

Yeah, back in December I think. But that article is not very accurate, Lufthansa resumed service to CLT in 2003 so its been 16 years of service from MUC. Speaking of Munich, its not that impactful but I found it interesting that the start date for AA's Munich service was moved up by a day, they must really want to get the ball rolling. 

• Thanks 1