Jump to content

uptownliving

Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, saamh said:

So on the website it says that sun country flies to Charlotte, can anyone shed any light on that cause I had no idea they flew to Charlotte?

If I had to guess, they probably run some sort of charter to/from CLT, similar to Viva Aerobus, Swift Air, and Vacation Express. I honestly don't like how they are listed on the CLT website, as it is misleading (especially in the case of Viva Aerobus, which is a scheduled carrier), and I could see people thinking they provide regularly scheduled service from CLT.

Edited by LKN704

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, LKN704 said:

https://www.cltairport.com/

New website is online. While better than the old one by far, it is still very basic and cheap looking compared to say dfwairport.com or flysfo.com...but I guess how many people actually go to an airport website.

Awful coloring.  White on White is a horrible decision.

2 hours ago, LKN704 said:

If I had to guess, they probably run some sort of charter to/from CLT, similar to Viva Aerobus, Swift Air, and Vacation Express. I honestly don't like how they are listed on the CLT website, as it is misleading (especially in the case of Viva Aerobus, which is a scheduled carrier), and I could see people thinking they provide regularly scheduled service from CLT.

https://www.suncountry.com/Explore/Travel-Destinations.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LKN704 said:

https://www.cltairport.com/

New website is online. While better than the old one by far, it is still very basic and cheap looking compared to say dfwairport.com or flysfo.com...but I guess how many people actually go to an airport website.

I said that the old website looked terrible and have to say that the new website looks so much better.  It's modern, clean and simple to navigate. Most of the links aren't currently working but I'm sure it's just standard launch problems. Perfect? No But a  big improvement IMO. 

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was walking through CLT in the B concourse today to fly back to DC and I noticed that AA has resumed CLT-YYZ mainline service. Don’t know if this is coincidental or if it is a reactionary move to AC. 

The flight today was operating on a L-AA A319. Don’t know if that’s permanently scheduled placement or if they are rotating around the system. I thought they were based in MIA/DFW to serve Latin America and Northern South America routes. Anyways the L-AA are really nice and aren’t undergoing the “Oasis” treatment and are keeping their padded-seats and PTVs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LKN704 said:

Was walking through CLT in the B concourse today to fly back to DC and I noticed that AA has resumed CLT-YYZ mainline service. Don’t know if this is coincidental or if it is a reactionary move to AC. 

The flight today was operating on a L-AA A319. Don’t know if that’s permanently scheduled placement or if they are rotating around the system. I thought they were based in MIA/DFW to serve Latin America and Northern South America routes. Anyways the L-AA are really nice and aren’t undergoing the “Oasis” treatment and are keeping their padded-seats and PTVs. 

Yeah, AA added the A319 to YYZ schedule shortly after AC announced intentions to upgrade to the E175. Which has since been pushed back to September I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

Yeah, AA added the A319 to YYZ schedule shortly after AC announced intentions to upgrade to the E175. Which has since been pushed back to September I believe.

TBH I would be surprised if they even ended up upgrading to the E175. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ fares to YYZ and YUL have been _much_ lower lately (based on a fare alert email I get).

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

Yeah, AA added the A319 to YYZ schedule shortly after AC announced intentions to upgrade to the E175. Which has since been pushed back to September I believe.

Walking in the AC US Terminal three weeks ago, I was surprised that a good number of their US destinations are served using RJs (I think Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Newark, Seattle, LA and SF are the big exceptions). The US terminal reminded me a little of CLT Concourse E, without the charm . . . although it did have a tiny lounge in the departures terminal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, davidclt said:

Walking in the AC US Terminal three weeks ago, I was surprised that a good number of their US destinations are served using RJs (I think Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Newark, Seattle, LA and SF are the big exceptions). The US terminal reminded me a little of CLT Concourse E, without the charm . . . although it did have a tiny lounge in the departures terminal.

A key part of AC’s business model is funneling US traffic through YYZ and onto intercontinental flights to Europe/Asia/Latin America. You don’t have to clear Canadian customs and upon arrival back into YYZ from overseas, there is a special express CBP pre-clearance process for AC transit passengers, and its often easier to transit through YYZ than say EWR or PHL. 

AC has a surprisingly robust US network, with most medium sized cities in the East and Midwest having at least one flight a day to YYZ. 

Fun fact: Before 9/11, AC flew a mainline A319 on the CLT-YYZ route. I also think AC or Canadian International flew RDU-YOW and GSO-YYZ. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. I'd sure love to be on that Barcelona flight!

Edited by elrodvt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vitamin_N said:

If you're a budget traveler, the nonstop CLT-LHR is $577 in October and November.

Where did you see this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Perfect for the Panthers game at Tottenham stadium. 

Can't wait. literally, I'm ready for a UP London Reunion

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure where to post this but 325 apartments are coming to 6900 Wilkinson Blvd. I'm kind of surprised that apartments would be built here.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/05/15/why-multifamily-firm-with-local-presence-went.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

This is near the huge new Amazon facility. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, Vitamin_N said:

If you're a budget traveler, the nonstop CLT-LHR is $577 in October and November.

Yeah, one way maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stw52 said:

from the airport facebook feed 

airport.PNG

Interesting that the Queen Charlotte statue is now on the Ticketing level,  not the Baggage claim, and a lot of the double height floor openings have been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting that the Queen Charlotte statue is now on the Ticketing level,  not the Baggage claim, and a lot of the double height floor openings have been removed.

 

 

It looks like this rendering is the same as it’s always been. The base of the statue is on the baggage claim level and the statue rises above the floor of the ticketing level. The ticketing level floor is cut out and overlooks the baggage claim level.

 

Edit: formatting

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.