Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

3 hours ago, saamh said:

So on the website it says that sun country flies to Charlotte, can anyone shed any light on that cause I had no idea they flew to Charlotte?

If I had to guess, they probably run some sort of charter to/from CLT, similar to Viva Aerobus, Swift Air, and Vacation Express. I honestly don't like how they are listed on the CLT website, as it is misleading (especially in the case of Viva Aerobus, which is a scheduled carrier), and I could see people thinking they provide regularly scheduled service from CLT.

Edited by LKN704

12 hours ago, LKN704 said:

https://www.cltairport.com/

New website is online. While better than the old one by far, it is still very basic and cheap looking compared to say dfwairport.com or flysfo.com...but I guess how many people actually go to an airport website.

Awful coloring.  White on White is a horrible decision.

2 hours ago, LKN704 said:

If I had to guess, they probably run some sort of charter to/from CLT, similar to Viva Aerobus, Swift Air, and Vacation Express. I honestly don't like how they are listed on the CLT website, as it is misleading (especially in the case of Viva Aerobus, which is a scheduled carrier), and I could see people thinking they provide regularly scheduled service from CLT.

https://www.suncountry.com/Explore/Travel-Destinations.html

12 hours ago, LKN704 said:

https://www.cltairport.com/

New website is online. While better than the old one by far, it is still very basic and cheap looking compared to say dfwairport.com or flysfo.com...but I guess how many people actually go to an airport website.

I said that the old website looked terrible and have to say that the new website looks so much better.  It's modern, clean and simple to navigate. Most of the links aren't currently working but I'm sure it's just standard launch problems. Perfect? No But a  big improvement IMO. 

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1

Was walking through CLT in the B concourse today to fly back to DC and I noticed that AA has resumed CLT-YYZ mainline service. Don’t know if this is coincidental or if it is a reactionary move to AC. 

The flight today was operating on a L-AA A319. Don’t know if that’s permanently scheduled placement or if they are rotating around the system. I thought they were based in MIA/DFW to serve Latin America and Northern South America routes. Anyways the L-AA are really nice and aren’t undergoing the “Oasis” treatment and are keeping their padded-seats and PTVs. 

5 hours ago, LKN704 said:

Was walking through CLT in the B concourse today to fly back to DC and I noticed that AA has resumed CLT-YYZ mainline service. Don’t know if this is coincidental or if it is a reactionary move to AC. 

The flight today was operating on a L-AA A319. Don’t know if that’s permanently scheduled placement or if they are rotating around the system. I thought they were based in MIA/DFW to serve Latin America and Northern South America routes. Anyways the L-AA are really nice and aren’t undergoing the “Oasis” treatment and are keeping their padded-seats and PTVs. 

Yeah, AA added the A319 to YYZ schedule shortly after AC announced intentions to upgrade to the E175. Which has since been pushed back to September I believe.

3 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

Yeah, AA added the A319 to YYZ schedule shortly after AC announced intentions to upgrade to the E175. Which has since been pushed back to September I believe.

TBH I would be surprised if they even ended up upgrading to the E175. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JetBlueCLT said:

Walking in the AC US Terminal three weeks ago, I was surprised that a good number of their US destinations are served using RJs (I think Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Newark, Seattle, LA and SF are the big exceptions). The US terminal reminded me a little of CLT Concourse E, without the charm . . . although it did have a tiny lounge in the departures terminal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davidclt said:

Walking in the AC US Terminal three weeks ago, I was surprised that a good number of their US destinations are served using RJs (I think Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Newark, Seattle, LA and SF are the big exceptions). The US terminal reminded me a little of CLT Concourse E, without the charm . . . although it did have a tiny lounge in the departures terminal.

A key part of AC’s business model is funneling US traffic through YYZ and onto intercontinental flights to Europe/Asia/Latin America. You don’t have to clear Canadian customs and upon arrival back into YYZ from overseas, there is a special express CBP pre-clearance process for AC transit passengers, and its often easier to transit through YYZ than say EWR or PHL. 

AC has a surprisingly robust US network, with most medium sized cities in the East and Midwest having at least one flight a day to YYZ. 

Fun fact: Before 9/11, AC flew a mainline A319 on the CLT-YYZ route. I also think AC or Canadian International flew RDU-YOW and GSO-YYZ. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stw52 said:

from the airport facebook feed 

airport.PNG

Interesting that the Queen Charlotte statue is now on the Ticketing level,  not the Baggage claim, and a lot of the double height floor openings have been removed.

Interesting that the Queen Charlotte statue is now on the Ticketing level,  not the Baggage claim, and a lot of the double height floor openings have been removed.

It looks like this rendering is the same as it’s always been. The base of the statue is on the baggage claim level and the statue rises above the floor of the ticketing level. The ticketing level floor is cut out and overlooks the baggage claim level.

Edit: formatting

• Like 3