Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

That's the idea. 1960s mod. Kind of a throw-back to the glam days of aviation (that apparently fell off a cliff, never to be seen or heard from again). The women with good figures will look great in it, the ones without good figures (and there are A LOT of those at US) will look, um, er, not so great.

I like it. It has an Eastern Airlines look to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know where else to put this so...

I was flying back from Denver last night on United, and the pilot came on and let us know that we could listen in on the air-traffic control chatter on channel 9. First time I had heard that, although I don't fly United that often. Is that standard? Do other airlines do that?

I listened for most of the trip and it was cool as hell.

I was flying back from Denver last night on United, and the pilot came on and let us know that we could listen in on the air-traffic control chatter on channel 9. First time I had heard that, although I don't fly United that often. Is that standard? Do other airlines do that?

Yeah, I remember being able to do that when I flew probally 5-10 years ago. To add onto that, though, I flew 3 weeks ago on AirTran for the first time, and they had XM Radio available to listen. I thought that was pretty nifty, and had fun flipping through a few Rock channels.

Yeah, I remember being able to do that when I flew probally 5-10 years ago. To add onto that, though, I flew 3 weeks ago on AirTran for the first time, and they had XM Radio available to listen. I thought that was pretty nifty, and had fun flipping through a few Rock channels.

If you, or anyone, gets the chance to fly JetBlue, do it. They have comfy leather seats and 36 channels of DirectTV. Pretty nice.

Yeah I've heard that. It is pretty freaking cool. Let's you know what's actually going on.

Last night the City Council approved an agreement with Midwest Airlines to run two daily roundtrip flights from Charlotte to Milwaukee. The flights will begin on September 15.

I already thought this was a done deal? I never knew that city council needed to approve new airlines. I always thought that was left to the airport authority?

Edited by dbull75

• 2 weeks later...

FYI to those of you traveling tomorrow via air. Rumors are flying (no pun intended) about a pilot sick-out at US tomorrow. I've heard it from pilots, agents, and frequent flyers. The idea is to make the flying public aware that East pilots (original US) do not have pay parity with their West (old America West) counterparts.

This could be nothing more than a scare tactic from pilots, but it's still a good idea to check your flight status before going to the airport tomorrow.

That will be the last straw for me and USAirways......I was going to fly JetBlue to Charlotte tomorrow morning, but then I looked and saw UselessAir was about the same price, so I figured I'd support them....both flights are non-stop, but I figured legacy's are a good thing.....should have stuck with the upstart with the free TV.

If this flight is cancelled tomorrow, then I'll be redeeming my frequent flier awards and be done with them.

From the Charlotte Business Jounal

Charlotte/Douglas International Airport officials are drawing plans for a five-story, $50 million parking deck on Wilkinson Boulevard. They also envisions a people mover to ferry from the parking deck to the airport terminal and service to the car rental.

I just got back into town via the airport. I had no problems with USAir (for what it's worth). Also, I am amazed by how ridiculous the transport is from the terminal to the new Daily Decks. You have to board a bus, ride around in a circle, and then they drop you off about 100 yards from where you started. How much gas is being wasted on these stupid buses? I would have walked if I had the option, or if they are that concerned about it, how about a people mover, or moving walkway?