Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

The international terminal will be located where the existing rental car row is, between the existing left runway and current terminal.

As I mentioned earlier, they can't really add another runway to that "wasteland" due to lateral separation requirements for simultaneous take-off and landings. I suppose they technically "could" build it, but if it was in use, it would prevent either the current left runway or the new left runway from being used.

As Uptownliving mentioned, the intermodal rail yard will occupy this space instead.

^ This is the latest concourse map that I have seen and also seems to match up what has been built so far. On the E Concourse, the light blue is what has already been built and the current work in the E Concourse area seems to match this master plan. Things could have changed on the international terminal on the other side of the parking decks, but if it has, that fact hasn't been well reported.

I was wondering if CLT was looking out much further in the future when they may want even more runway space in that, um, interstitial wasteland. Easier to infill than to grow out.

Maybe another diagonal runway? They alternate whether they use the parallel runways and the diagonal one based on how the winds are blowing right? So adding another diagonal one would help out as well I would think. Just as several have said, they would need to work it in around the intermodal rail yard.

As of May 2nd all Mesa Airlines flights operated by Usairways will be operated out of concourse E. Is this a sign of mainline expansion out of Clt, or just too many mesa flights? Now i have found out that Republic is leaving E on the same date probably to Concourse C. Is this change due to a case of OD on the fricken cr900 ROUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want more Mainline like their was on many of the routes before being changed to cr9s.

Edited by CltFlyer

As of May 2nd all Mesa Airlines flights operated by Usairways will be operated out of concourse E. Is this a sign of mainline expansion out of Clt, or just too many mesa flights? Now i have found out that Republic is leaving E on the same date probably to Concourse C. Is this change due to a case of OD on the fricken cr900 ROUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want more Mainline like their was on many of the routes before being changed to cr9s.

I think they are just swapping gates between Mesa's (AWFUL) CR9's and Republics E70/75 planes. At least the E70s sorta look mainline.

I think they are just swapping gates between Mesa's (AWFUL) CR9's and Republics E70/75 planes. At least the E70s sorta look mainline.
they need to bring more mainline back on routes to Clt on routes that use to have it like Mem, bhm, Srq, Pns, gso. Not mention all the e190 only routes starting......i want more a319s on these routes im sorry but the e190 isn't Mainline when the Name is Embraer 190 Regional Jet. Take a319s from philly and put e190s back up there. This would also elimnate the Crj9 and it would make Concourse C all mainline again. Edited by CltFlyer

I prefer flying in a E190 as opposed to a A319....only 2 seats per side is less cramping, and I think the plane just feels better in flight....don't know how to quantify that except that it is a really smooth ride.

I agree, flying the E70-90 is a pretty nice ride. We were, however, promised a first class section in the larger E jets, but that never came to pass.

Taking Airbii from PHL and putting even more small aircraft onto PHL's jam packed taxiways is not a good idea, IMO.

Once that new runway opens, look for even MORE RJ's in CLT.

Edited by kickazzz2000

Freightliner is cutting 1500 people out of Charlotte....Will this effect the Clt-Muc flight operated by Lufthansa.

The cuts you reference are at a plant in Rowan county that is very seasonal in its employment and frequently cuts and then a couple months later hires hourly employees. Since these same cuts have happened before many times at this same factory I would say it will have no effect on the Munich flight. Also Freightliner's parent company is out of Stuttgart, Germany which is about equidistant from Munich and Frankfurt.