Pensacola: Downtown ready to boom

bobliocatt

10-story condo development planned for downtown area

46ACD68A-40C6-4A51-B442-34CE455A5714.jpg

A 10 story condo tower will be going up at 1500 E. Heinberg St. in downtown Pensacola. The $18 million, 17 unit project will break ground this summer and take 15 months to build.

According to developer Dickie Carr, plans include constructing an outdoor, heated pool, large club room, covered parking, two high-speed elevators and a health and fitness center. The units, between approximately 2,300 to 4,600 square feet, will contain private balconies, high smooth ceilings, a full-size washer and dryer, whirlpool tub and upscale, modern kitchen appliances.

To see the full article, click here:

Pensacola News Journal

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That sounds like good news, but only if new projects keep on happening. I would like to see Pensacola boom but it's not going to happen by just one condo going up at a time. I lived in Pensacola for 18 years and I can you that there is a large group of people if not the majority that want Pensacola to stay the small city that it is. I'm afraid that this condo is just something that slipped through.

Archived