H_O_L_I_D_A_Y

nisa

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sort of difficult saying... out of what perspective? what do you like?

I'd say Paris* any day. Beautiful, charming, everything... it's a small charming village at the same time as it is a huge cosmopolitan metropol

*I know paris isn't a country - but it's the only place in france I've been

Sort of difficult question, depends what do you want to do during a holiday. As a seaside resort I would recommend Croatia, if being patriotic, then my country Slovakia /especially mountains and castles/.

And, of course, France and Italy got awesome architecture.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sweden.

There's a town there called Harangue which pretty much exists for a month-long dance festival which takes place there every summer.

Plus Sweden is beautiful, and offers it all.

I also love Switzerland, absolutely gorgeous mountains and scenery. And you never need a car there! I ama amazed at the number of ways there are to get up and across mountains... trains, gondolas, cog-trains, chair-lifts, hiking trails, and once even an elevator!

It's quite a place.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about entire countries, but I know that winter holidays in New York are absolutely memorable experiences for all ages, especially children. I also love the Carnivale celebration in Miami and, of course, the one in Brazil simply because their climates and tropical surroundings are a perfect suitors for the festivities.

• 1 month later...

I say go to Quebec. Quebec city is a good day trip to see all the historic (for North America) buildings. Montreal is chock full of stuff to do. Great clubs and bars, good touristy places to go like the old city. The city is also full of beautiful women.

One geeky place I spent too much money at both times I went to Montreal was Circuit 500 racing, an indoor go cart racing track. You go pretty fast, the price per race isn't that bad (considering Canadien exchange rate), and they're open 24 hours. The locals (very friendly people) suggested we come back for the Canadien Grand Prix. Go during the cold or cool seasons and you'll be sure to find great skiing condidions. It's the best city I've ever been to (only USA and Canadien cities here...).

• 2 weeks later...

Austria!

I agree with this, especially if going during the December holiday season. Vienna is magical this time of year with the Christmas markets (Kriskindlemarkt). Any city in Germany is great this time of year also, especially Munich! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to many countries in central and southern Europe, and have enjoyed almost all of them. I like Germany, Italy, France, and Greece. But I think my absolute favorite place for holiday would have to be the tiny Republic of San Marino. The people there are very friendly, the food is great, and the vino is superb. There is a consortium of wineries there who have wine tasting booths on the sidewalks. :shades:

I was in the Barcelona area last fall, it was wonderful.

I second Barcelona!!! One of my favorite european cities. Anton Gaudis architecture is awesome. Most all the streets are lined with trees.

Prague is another favorite. The buildings were not bombed during WWII. Quite a charming midevil place. Im headed there Tuesday!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived