What Makes us The Great State of Mecklenburg?

jb4563

When a friend came to visit Charlotte for the first time, one of the first things she asked me about was what the crown meant on all the signs. So I guess it does have a noticable "branding" effect.

I also find it amusing (dare I say cute?) that the city has put signs in those Uptown signs with the crowns on them declaring an area the "Cultural District", "Entertainment District", "Convention District", "Business District" and such. Are there official designated boundaries established for these neighborhoods?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know when i first came to charlotte to visit, i was going somewhere near southpark, and when i saw the huge street signs with crown on it, i though "wow, this must really be a fancy part of town"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You WERE in a fancy part of town. LOL

You WERE in a fancy part of town. LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P

Yes, and now that i know the area, i realize that the directions i was given were, shall we say "the scenic route" to see the fancy fancy mansions on my way to their house.

Archived