Southern Sprawl

Skyybutter

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a nice read - more of a primer rather than detailing specifically what is being done. But I am impressed it is geared toward the business community, which I think holds much of the blame for location decisions & insisting parking is a requirement for all offices.

That is a nice read - more of a primer rather than detailing specifically what is being done.  But I am impressed it is geared toward the business community, which I think holds much of the blame for location decisions & insisting parking is a requirement for all offices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And a change in practices in the business communityis about the only way any real change in development patterns will happen. I agree with the article that theres been a gradual shift in perceptions but its not been enough. Metro Atlanta's development has been so completely in one way, the sprawl way, we need a full 180 degree turn to have any hope of sustaining future growth.

I had such high hopes for GRTA as well as the ARC but they apparently little to no power. Running buses from the suburbs isn't gonna get it done.

And a change in practices in the business communityis about the only way any real change in development patterns will happen.  I agree with the article that theres been a gradual shift in perceptions but its not been enough.  Metro Atlanta's development has been so completely in one way, the sprawl way, we need a full 180 degree turn to have any hope of sustaining future growth.

I had such high hopes for GRTA as well as the ARC but they apparently little to no power.  Running buses from the suburbs isn't gonna get it done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - a REAL committment to land use & improving mass transit (within the city) is what is required. Everything is just 'smoke & mirrors', tricking us into thinking "they" are doing something.

Archived