How crowded are souths highways

Skyybutter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how this belongs in the Charlotte forum, but it is not a distinction I would personally want for my city - Most congested highway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured since Charlotte is in the south you guys might find it interesting. Especially since Charlotte isnt on the list. INn this case, not being ranked is definately a good thing.

I dont think any Charlotte road has 200,000 cars a day on it? I know Independence is probably close though.

We have congestion numbers here somewhere from a year or so ago I think. Problem is, we have some much info here at UP that it's difficult to find something that old here. From memory, I think our busiest was I-77 at 174k cars a day or so? I could be way off though.

We have congestion numbers here somewhere from a year or so ago I think.  Problem is, we have some much info here at UP that it's difficult to find something that old here.  From memory, I think our busiest was I-77 at 174k cars a day or so?  I could be way off though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The south tends to have less traffic problems than up north because it is easier for southern cities to convert existening two lane roads into multilane boulevards due to cheaper ROW and less aggravation to make deals with people as well as building new multilane highways.

One thing you have to love about NC is that when the state wants to build a road, it gets built one way or the other. Rarely you will see a project killed unlike PA or Connecticut that has so many dead freeway stubs and many incomplete/unbuilt freeway connections.

Archived