Real World Providence

CtownMikey

Well, being 18 and all, the teenyboppers who love MTV and live in Rhode Island will jump on any news that may include the Ocean State. A couple of years back, The real world was looking at Newport, r.i. and i think middle town as well(It was in the paper on a weekly basis) to film the RR/RW Gauntlet challenge. Both cities might as well have flipped MTV the middle finger when the townspeople and city council shoved the rulebook in MTV's face about how 7 unrelated people living in one house was against local laws or sumthin. MTV moved away and the rest was history..(i forget where they moved to shoot the gauntlet challenge) I ALSO heard that Real World has tried to film a season of their show in Providence in past years and for whatever reason didn't. My guess being someone here in providence telling them no.

~is there any news at all about what happened or if anything is still in the works?

I mean.. having MTV in Newport or Providence would be an amazing boost to tourism!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh:( hmm thats sounds like a decision that Real World would make.. POOP to that. Maybe in 4 or so years after everything has developed, then things will be different. It'd be great if the show came here for their last season, whenever that may be. BUT they'd probably do that in NYC one last time.. ya know, since the 3rd times a charm.

Have the Austin episodes started airing yet? That would be the closest city in size to Providence that they have been in. I believe that Providence has the same unrelated people in a domicile law that Newport has.

When I was younger (MTV was in Black & White with no sound back then), the summer beach party came to the Cape. It was a total bust as we had one of the coldest, rainiest summers ever. They had shivering DJs wrapped up in blankets and wearing raincoats trying to make everyone think they were having a super time.

Have the Austin episodes started airing yet? That would be the closest city in size to Providence that they have been in. I believe that Providence has the same unrelated people in a domicile law that Newport has.

In Providence you can't have more than three unrelateds living in a dwelling. I would just think MTV would buy a place if they really wanted to film here.

Archived