Memphis Riverfront

northernbizzkit1

I picked up the latest Memphis Flyer, and it was talking about how the funds appear limitless as far as the riverfront and downtown go. Anyway, as many Memphians know, the No. 1 Beale building that housed Wangs, etc. was torn down. The owner, George Carlise (owner of large Wendy's franchise chain), is expected to unveil plans for a condominium tower of at least 20 stories and a second building with a luxury hotel/4-star restaurant within the next few weeks. This is going to be in the same area as the new Beale Street Landing. I think this is wonderful! I've been reading the plans for the RDC as far as the promenade goes, and it should be a welcome addition to the downtown area. Apparently there are talks to not only have towers in the Morgan Keegan tower area. The site mentioned Union (and now I'm guessing Beale Street) as spots for "most welcome additions to the Memphis skyline" where these streets "meet the river." All I can say is, it's about time! Build two 75-story towers with some 60- and 50-story skyscrapers on each end and call it a day! ;)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right. He's still reporting a tower that's been nixed for over a year. I found www.downtownmemphis.com as the best source for up-to-date info. Click on the "development" channel and you can view all projects planned and under construction.

I looked at emporis for this data, does it seem that the guy who manages the Memphis link is always way behind. I heard somewhere he lives in Minneapolis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived