New 20 story plus Memphis downtown condo project

sleepy

This, I believe, is the building alluded to in a previous thread about the Memphis riverfront.

This project was mentioned in passing as part of an article about how Memphis has cut its budget, raised taxes, laid off employees, and taken other austerity measures, yet continues to pour money into downtown. I think the article itself is interesting aside from the condo announcement.

This is the third condo tower in the past month or so--the two 16 story Riverside Towers, now this. No renderings of course. This project would be at the foot of Beale Street where it meets the river.

Anyway:

http://www.memphisflyer.com/content.asp?ID=7215&ArticleID=2

"[Gene] Carlisle, who grew up poor in Mississippi and made his fortune in Wendy's restaurants, was inducted into the Memphis Society of Entrepreneurs last week. In the next few weeks he said he will unveil plans for a condominium tower at least 20 stories tall and, if he can find a partner, a luxury hotel and four-star restaurant in a second building. The combined investment would be over $300 million, making it the biggest downtown project since FedExForum."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic of where the building would be located--sort of.

The whitish-looking condo high rise on the right--it would be to the left of that on the left side of the street, at the end of the two blocks of old buildings.

original.jpg

Don't forget The Vue on Main, a 28-story residential tower in the New Main neighborhood. Their website is www.thevueonmain.com. Also, you can find a rendering of the the two 16-story towers at www.downtownmemphis.com under development. I believe it's in the "design/planning" section. Pretty exciting projects coming up...

This, I believe, is the building alluded to in a previous thread about the Memphis riverfront.

This project was mentioned in passing as part of an article about how Memphis has cut its budget, raised taxes, laid off employees, and taken other austerity measures, yet continues to pour money into downtown.  I think the article itself is interesting aside from the condo announcement.

This is the third condo tower in the past month or so--the two 16 story Riverside Towers, now this.  No renderings of course.  This project would be at the foot of Beale Street where it meets the river.

Anyway:

http://www.memphisflyer.com/content.asp?ID=7215&ArticleID=2

"[Gene] Carlisle, who grew up poor in Mississippi and made his fortune in Wendy's restaurants, was inducted into the Memphis Society of Entrepreneurs last week. In the next few weeks he said he will unveil plans for a condominium tower at least 20 stories tall and, if he can find a partner, a luxury hotel and four-star restaurant in a second building. The combined investment would be over $300 million, making it the biggest downtown project since FedExForum."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived