Possible new NoDa development.

atlrvr

Could you maybe rent some of the containers out as some cheap apartments? Artists may need a cheap (but nice) apartment to live in for a time being. For instance, I am an art student and I cant afford much rent, and having something like that for a palce to live would be awesome for me. How much rent would a place like that be you think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price is the key. Get it down to the right price and they will sell like hotcakes.

Also, I think that neighborhood really needs something a lot more radical looking than what is going up there these days. It will help Noda to keep its "edge" and keep it distinctive over much much of what passes for architecture in Charlotte these days. Charlotte is just crying for something other than the brick/stucco/siding townhomes and flats.

I wish you luck and hope you will do something like this.

This is a link to the containerbay website that has links to projects done with shipping containers. Some are hideous and some are quite trendy, so I guess it's all in how it's done. My guess is that there would be a market for it in Charlotte and NoDa would seem like a good area for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saw the pictures and can't say that I'm a fan. If I were to live in NoDa I would try to get a rennovated Mill House.

and this would be on the southern part of noda (south of 30th-Matheson), which is much more industrial and non-residential.

Inexpensive industrial-inspired, modern design housing like this would have a major impact by bringing residents to this area, and the price would be a refuge for artists that can no longer afford to live in the northern part of noda.

• 1 month later...

atlrvr

I am interested in buying one of your condos. I would want to see renderings and if the plot allows for it, angle the building so there are as many city views as possible. I am the president of a creative consulting company in Charlotte, VP of a virtual office solutions company that has an interest in the real estate our investors purchase for our facilities and am interested in becoming my own real estate investor.

I talked my x into moving into NoDa two years ago, and she now has close to 120K in equity. NoDa is just now beginning to experience its growth. The light rail is next, then the greenway will end in Cordelia Park. I could go on.

Your investment is sound, but you need to market your project properly. Give me a call... go to www.evisionstudios.com and call the number there. Hope to hear from you.

PS: The Optimist Park comment in this forum should be regarded.

Archived