NoDa Photo Tour

dubone

Here are some photos of the NoDa (north davidson street arts district)

I'm still learning, so i'm sorry that some of these have glare spots.

Here is the northern point of NoDa, at Davidson and Craighead. North (and across the tracks to the west) of this spot is

very industrial.

18874618-L.jpg

Renaissance project getting close to the final stages of construction:

18874622-L.jpg

18874624-L.jpg

18874626-L.jpg

This is WAS my favorite railroad crossing. You used to be able to drive under it a few years. Not much freakier than

driving under a massive freight train just a few feet above your head:

18874627-L.jpg

Here is one of the things that makes noda a great neighborhood. It still has some random interesting old things that would

not fly in a fully gentrified or subdivided suburb.

18874634-L.jpg

18874665-L.jpg

18874668-L.jpg

18874657-L.jpg

New development on Davidson. These are live-work condos.

18874640-L.jpg

18874642-L.jpg

Johnson Mill is currently an old folks home or something like that. I have heard talk, though, of turning it into lofts or apartments. These mills are gem's in this neighborhood:

18874647-L.jpg

18874653-L.jpg

18874692-L.jpg

18874694-L.jpg

18874717-L.jpg

18875046-L.jpg

18875092-L.jpg

Some houses along Davidson:

18874676-L.jpg

18874691-L.jpg

18874687-L.jpg

Looking south to the Davidson St and Charlotte business districts:

18874700-L.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and by crime at night, are you reefer ing to the purple haze coming from half the houses, or something more insidious?

I do think though that crime numbers will get better and demographics start to diversity, and new projects are built to remove the remaining blight.

This is one of the best parts of the city for infill since much of the road grid is still intact. It's amazing how nice this neighborhood is becoming. Even compared to a year ago, there is a much cleaner look and safer vibe.......too bad Fat City is gone.....they had some killer Long Island Ice Teas and French Dips.

I agree, and when the rest of highland mill, the renaissance, and the other smaller multifamily projects come online, this neighborhood will change even more for the better.

It is an at-risk neighborhood for gentrification, though, with the light rail coming within a decade. I hope it never converts over to a standard issue gentrihood. Now, don't get me wrong, first ward is that in many ways, and i like it... but the city needs noda to be the place for very very unique developments and places.

I hope the development pressures continue to expand south into belmont, east into to the plaza and eventually to eastway, and perhaps north to sugar creek.

The long term health of the area between uptown and university city rides on NoDa... it is an oasis.

Archived