Turning Torso

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

The Discovery channel did a special on the construction of the Turning Torso.  Really its amazing what they did and it looks great.  If the special is ever on again i suggest watching it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ugh, I missed that. Santiago Calatrava is one of my favorite architects. I hope he more projects soon here in the US. It would be nice to have have some of his works more accessible over here.

I really like the design of the Turning Torso. It is one building that I hope to see in person some day. I think Calatrava is a very innovative designer. He designed three bridges for the city of Dallas, the first of which recently began construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard anything about that. Do you happen to have any pics or a website that has any pics or designs?

I haven't heard anything about that.  Do you happen to have any pics or a website that has any pics or designs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.trinityrivercorridor.org/

Check out this link.....there are a few renderings under Images, plus some more elsewhere on the site.....I think the I-30 is the one under construction, but I'm not sure.

http://www.trinityrivercorridor.org/

Check out this link.....there are a few renderings under Images, plus some more elsewhere on the site.....I think the I-30 is the one under construction, but I'm not sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, thanks. It would be nice to have some works by Calatrava in this region of the country.

Archived