Viridian problems

doormanpoet

I'm actually trying to close on a house right now. Hopefully I can build some equity in it and get a good price for it in a few years and buy me a nice loft. The house was right at 100,000 so if everything goes as planned I will be ready to move downtown in about 2 or 3 years.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When are the Church Street Streetscape improvements supposed to be done by? The one with the new lamps, benches, trash cans and planters? When is the landscaping expected to be done? I saw those links and they are very beautiful... anyone have a time frame??

Also, wil this only be done on church st., or is it planned for all of downtown? In my opinion, Broadway should be next, since anyone coming in from out of town goes to downtown through that route.

Does anyone know?

According to the sign on 9th and church it supposed to be finished in November 2005, but it was delayed a month last year due to a lawsuit filed by the lowest bidder who did not get the bid! I have heard that Mayor Purcell in his sidewalk initiative wants to improve all of the downtown streets. There is talk of eliminating more one way streets, but we shall see.

There is talk of eliminating more one way streets, but we shall see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool...I think the only "necessary" 1 way streets downtown are 4th and 5th avenues...and since they are right next to each other, it doesn't cause any real problems. If there was only enough room for another 4 lane road N/S downtown....maybe 3rd Ave? I know it's 4 lanes at some points...it would certainly help with creating another downtown "corridor" street.

• 2 months later...

Yep, it's beginning to look pretty massive now. Going up fast pretty soon.

I also noticed yesterday that Church Street has TREES, SHRUBS, and FLOWERS in many of the new planters. What I saw was an indication of just how good that street will look in the future. That's one of my absolute favorite projects downtown. The Public Works Dept. is doing a great job on keeping traffic moving as best they can, plus the look is incredible. The Viridian is going to add to what will become a really good looking neighborhood. If the L&C goes residential, it'll be just that much better. Once the other "holes" are filled in (hopefully with the Signature and Federal Courthouse), Church will be something to really be proud of. You can just feel it all coming together now.

Archived