Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what was faxed to me for a rendering of the project...

RidgleyManor.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The footprint does appear to be a triangle (maybe fronting north) and there appears to me to be two wings that come off from the back of the central column. Does anybody else see that?

The footprint does appear to be a triangle (maybe fronting north) and there appears to me to be two wings that come off from the back of the central column. Does anybody else see that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it looks a bit like the 3-spoke Las Vegas mega hotels-- a little like Paris with the mansard roof.

ParisOpera_nArc_de.jpg

Here's some more info I got from a realtor, paraphrased to keep it legal:

-No information online due to it being exclusively Coldwell Banker (whatever that means).

-450 out of 529 total units already sold. you put $5,000 down for a reservation and then a hard contract in 6-8 weeks requires 10% down.

-34 stories...cheapest available unit is $306,000 for a 900 square foot 1.1 on the 8th floor.

-$446,000 for 1,240 sq. ft. 2.2 on 8th floor.

-$645,000 for 1,900 sq. ft. 3.2 on 8th floor.

-$5,000 premium per floor.

-Centex Roony is the builder and it is expected to be completed in mid-2007.

This person claims to have renderings but you'd have to go to his office to see them.

Yeah, it looks a bit like the 3-spoke Las Vegas mega hotels-- a little like Paris with the mansard roof.

ParisOpera_nArc_de.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man that is a sharp looking hotel. We need mansard roofs in Orlando. That gives me a european/new england feel, maybe that would be a cool influence (bostonian) to Orlando.

This is the northern side of the building, so the point of the triangle is facing north.  Odd that they are taking reservations on land they don't already own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have trouble putting money on something beign kept a secret. Also, it is expensive. I hope getting these people locked into a contract will allow the rest of us to find a better :D condo.

It does sound odd, but who are we? We try to know everything but that's not to say that we do or even that we should. This property is being marketed by a number of professional realtors who seem to know their business. And they decided not to ask us? Wow!

Yep, I'm stumped about the lack of MPB involvement to this point but why should I second guess the realtors. They have access to the MPB agendas too. They have licenses and all that. Caldwell Banker isn't exactly fly by night.

So the fact that this group didn't know about it ... doesn't bother me at all. No offense.

PS ... Native too.

Here's some more info I got from a realtor, paraphrased to keep it legal:

-No information online due to it being exclusively Coldwell Banker (whatever that means).

-450 out of 529 total units already sold. you put $5,000 down for a reservation and then a hard contract in 6-8 weeks requires 10% down.

-34 stories...cheapest available unit is $306,000 for a 900 square foot 1.1 on the 8th floor.

-$446,000 for 1,240 sq. ft. 2.2 on 8th floor.

-$645,000 for 1,900 sq. ft. 3.2 on 8th floor.

-$5,000 premium per floor.

-Centex Roony is the builder and it is expected to be completed in mid-2007.

This person claims to have renderings but you'd have to go to his office to see them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this Coldwell Banker The Condo Store? As a fellow Realtor who makes a living from selling preconstruction, they are the company that I least like to deal with. They recently sent me a letter to let me know that I'd been added to the VIP buyers list for a project that they couldn't tell me the name of in Feather Sound. I called them up to ask for more details on this and The Quarter at Ybor and they flat refused to give me any information. :angry:

The only reason I could think that a developer wants to keep people in the dark about the project is that the land is not sold yet, and therefore the developer is trying to secure it before it goes up in value because the land owner might realize the potential to make more money.

Yeah, i sure would hate for them to pass it on to the consumer, as in they are already pricy units from $306,000 for a tiny 1 BR/1BA on up. They like thier potential for more money!! I dont see how they have that many people signed up for as pricy as it is. Where in the heck does all this money come from??? :wacko::sick:

The realtor who gave me the information was with Coldwell Banker. Is Coldwell Banker The Condo Store different?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coldwell Banker is a franchise so nearly all the Coldwell Banker offices around the country are independently owned and operated. For example I used to work for Coldwell Banker JME Realty, who are nothing to do with Coldwell Banker Condo Store.

I dont see how they have that many people signed up for as pricy as it is. Where in the heck does all this money come from???  :wacko:  :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finding buyers for preconstruction condos isn't a problem. People contact me from all over the country ready and willing to buy. The biggest problem is getting them into a project, especially when a project is kept under wraps like this one.

Archived