Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a floor plan in pdf.  The image is large, can someone help me post it?  I can email it to you also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could try doing a snapshot of the different parts and paste them to Paint or Paintshop Pro and save them as a .jpg and than use imageshack to post to this thread.

Here are the latest updates:

-Currently 81 of 529 units available

-Groundbreaking scheduled for Aug 2005

-Completion 2-2.5 yrs after groundbreaking

-1 BDR (900SQFT) from $306K

-2 BDR (1240 SQFT) from $446K

-3 BDR (1900 SQFT) from $645K

- All prices for 7th floor with a $5K upgrade per floor

- They are taking reservations and are estimating 45-60 days to contract

-The name of the project comes from the last signor of the Decleration of Independance who was the developers great great grandfather (Charles Caroll Ridgley)

-They will have gloved door-man greeting residents, on-site limo service and fractional yacht and jet ownership

how are these units being bought??  can anyone confirm that this thing is almost sold out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have reservations on all but 81 of the 529 units. They have not gone to contract yet. The real estate office kept it as their "pocket listing" in a way- meaning that they kept it in house and notified their clients first prior to going to the public. It's all about commissions....

If this is breaking ground in August. It must be going though the MPB in July???? Can they start clearing land prior to development approval?? I think right beside the courthouse is a good location for this...I just hope it looks good by the VUE..

If this is breaking ground in August. It must be going though the MPB in July???? Can they start clearing land prior to development approval?? I think right beside the courthouse is a good location for this...I just hope it looks good by the VUE..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ I think that is abit optomistic that they are going to break ground in August, and i dont think you can even demo or site prep unless you have a permit and the city has recieved thier proper monetary compensation and all. This project is so stealthy and i dont understand how thet have reserved that many units right under our noses and none of us knew it until they had less than 100 units available. I haven't even seen anything on any MPB minutes or agenda. A project of this size and scope would have to have an abandonment (ABN) permit of Palmetto right of way, a (CUP) conditional use permit, possibly a zoning change but i am pretty sure this is zoned AC3A-T which is HIGH Rise (downtown activity center) and a master plan approval (MPL) from the MPB. This process takes several different meetings which is several months and this will have to have a nod from the Aviation Advisory Board. So i am sketchy on this one for now.

p.s.. i wonder if there is anyway to review the minutes of the aviation advisory board.

I put down $5000 deposit and reserved for a 900 sq ft unit. Home association fee is $.26 per sq ft and they are 99% reserved only six left . I dont know if they were telling the truth but they said faa approved for 440 ft 36 story high rise. The property will have it's own limousine, the ability purchase fractional jet ownership as well as fractional yacht ownership. It will have a 2,100 sq cybex equipment gymnasium , a library, 12,000 sq ft luxurious dining , and a grecian style pool at san simean the Hearst Family Mansion in California.

http://theridgelymanor.com/

Ridgely manor's grecian style outdoor pool.

pool.gif

In addition, the court yard of Ridgely manor will greet guests with an original work of art by Federick Hart called the Daughter's of Odessa. This piece sits in the garden of Prince Charles since it was presented to the Royal Family by Mr. Hart in 1986. This original art work cost at least $575,000 :blink: .

Hopefully, between this project and the Vue, there will so much money floating around that small area that it will spur high end retail all along Robinson and N. Magnolia. The Kinkos building would be ideal for small boutique shops. I'd really like to see a Brooks Brothers or something like that in the area.

lol I am still really confused about this project since we haven't seen anything on the website or even an official announcement. I'd like to see more renderings and how it fits in relation to its surroundings.

bluewingzz, is there street side retail in the building?

If built at 440 ft., I would consider this the dominant building on the skyline, even more so than Suntrust, which would be all of twelve inches taller to the *points* of its pyramids.

Also, Ridgley, together with The Vue, the courthouse and BofA would become the dominant cluster in the CBD.

lol I am still really confused about this project since we haven't seen anything on the website or even an official announcement.  I'd like to see more renderings and how it fits in relation to its surroundings.

bluewingzz, is there street side retail in the building?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there'll be any retail in the building.I haven't got all the information from them yet. Hopefully i'll have it by next week.

lastscan1.gif.

lastscan2.gif

Also, Ridgley, together with The Vue, the courthouse and BofA would become the dominant cluster in the CBD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think when the new taller 55W gets built right next to SunTrust, and Premiere Plaza finishes the old dominat cluster may be holding its own; but with Ridgely, Vue, Washington Street Project, Dynetech, and Tradition Towers all coming online the two clusters are quickly merging and that's really cool.

I think when the new taller 55W gets built right next to SunTrust, and Premiere Plaza finishes the old dominat cluster may be holding its own; but with Ridgely, Vue, Washington Street Project, Dynetech, and Tradition Towers all coming online the two clusters are quickly merging and that's really cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, the bridging effect. You may recall that one of the principals from KPF visited downtown, some years ago, and his principle criticism was the diffuse nature of the skyline.

Scratch one criticism ! :)

Archived