Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

In previous postings someone claimed that Ridgely developers did not own all of the land they claim to be developing this project on. I've also heard on some postings that EB (citymark) owned land somewhere on the north end of Palmetto. Has anyone been able to sort all this out? I'm confused. Is John Markey connected with this development?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a letter from Ridgely Manor saying how things are progressing. The developer has been meeting with the financial investors for the last 2 weeks. They currently finalizing the details of the land purchase. They will send me another short update when this is closed. Also currently 400 reservations for the units which is close to 80-90% reserved.

I got a letter from Ridgely Manor saying how things are progressing. The developer has been meeting with the financial investors for the last 2 weeks. They currently finalizing the details of the land purchase. They will send me another short update when this is closed. Also currently 400 reservations for the units which is close to 80-90% reserved.

Good news. Thanks for the update.

Anybody have any newer or updated renderings on Ridgley Manor?

I'm afraid it's dead. We got our deposit back along with a very short letter announcing that the project has been cancelled. No details were given. Such a shame!

I'm afraid it's dead. We got our deposit back along with a very short letter announcing that the project has been cancelled. No details were given. Such a shame!

When did u get your deposit back? because i havent got my deposit back so my brother he reserved for a unit there also. Plus no letter mentioned the project is cancelled beside a week ago i got a letter says they are finalizing of purchasing the land. This is weird i have to call them tomorrow and ask. Thanks for the info tho.

We need more luxury highrises .

...like we need another hole in our heads! We need more office and retail projects in Downtown Orlando, before it's just one condo farm for out of state investors or people willing to put down deposits on buildings where developers don't even own the land (i.e. that good 'ol Florida tradition of real estate speculation).

Don't be sad, UP forumers. This kind of stuff happens. Development plans come and go. Some make it, most don't.

Five years ago, this would have been a major bummer as we didn't have a lot of plans on the drawing board.

Now, we've got plenty of projects in the works. And, even better, plenty of cranes in the skyline.

Anybody who has followed this board regularly for the last 6 months or so should not be surprised by this news. This was a shady project from the second it was announced and besides having an info page on DowntownOrlando.com, hardly anything official confirmed that it was legit.

...and its design was not just inappropriate for downtown, it was fugly too. But that's just my opinion.

Archived