Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

I must make something clear. EB Developers has absolutely nothing to do with Ridgely and never did. I purchased the property at 90 E. Livingston (the main property Ridgely was planned on) after those clowns behind Ridgely defaulted or failed on the contract to buy that property and the 2 adjacent ones. With all due respect to the amateur developers of the world, I do not go to market with make believe projects on property that I do not own, let alone have under contract. The "developer" behind Ridgely continued to sell and hold deposits while EB had the property under contract and even after EB closed. There is a long string of correspondence between my attorneys and the Seller's attorneys demanding a stop to this misrepresentation. Unfortunately, the Seller had very little power over their former contract purchaser. Why anyone would go to market and take people's money for deposits on property they don't own or control I cannot explain. Myself, and 3 of my staff made the Broker selling Ridgely aware of this situation on more than one occasion. I'm sure they had contract problems with Ridgely, but I would think there was a default in there that could have gotten them out. I would respectfully request that you do not even mention EB Developer's name in the context of this kind of behavior or Ridgely.

With regards to Palmetto, I think that it is ill conceived in its lack of consideration for comprehensive planning in its immediate context area, but I did not oppose it in any public forum. To have a postage stamp size piece of property and try to simply max it out for the money in a critical redevelopment area will never be my approach. Maybe a Ridgely Rep protested Palmetto, but that was not someone from EB.

Thank you for indulging my somewhat indignant ranting.

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and care to clarify any misunderstandings. Thanks!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived