Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think when the new taller 55W gets built right next to SunTrust, and Premiere Plaza finishes the old dominat cluster may be holding its own; but with Ridgely, Vue, Washington Street Project, Dynetech, and Tradition Towers all coming online the two clusters are quickly merging and that's really cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Suntrust cluster will remain the dominant mainly because of the density not only of highrises but the lowrises around it which creates a greater effect than the BOA/Courthouse cluster, at least right now. However if we get a signature skyscraper on the old pizzuti lot then they will def. be competing. Also, I consider Tradition Towers part of the Suntrust cluster because its on that side of Lake Eola.

I look forward to the premier of "Cluster Wars" !  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The two clusters will be fighting over who owns Dynetech and who owns the Washington Street Project. Will there be a fight for number 2 when Kodsi's M&M, N.Orange, the Palace and the Ivanhoes join the existing uptowners?

I dont think we wil have to worry about I-drive being mistaken for downtown, with such a large skyline we are developing. I too think the suntrust cluster will hold its own against the midtown cluster. Question is, which one will attract more pedestrian activity? Midtown or Downtown? What a great time to live downtown if you do.

Will we ever break the 40 story barrier? Not that we need height for a good city but we don't want it too flat.....Seems like everyone loves either 35 or 37 stories...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EA at 40 stories ? I'm told they plan to build Orlando's tallest.

lol I am still really confused about this project since we haven't seen anything on the website or even an official announcement.  I'd like to see more renderings and how it fits in relation to its surroundings.

bluewingzz, is there street side retail in the building?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree with you. This was pretty sneaky and hush hush. Why? :blink:

I completely agree with you. This was pretty sneaky and hush hush. Why?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean. We're all slightly offended that they didn't exercise the courtesy of giving us UP forumers a major heads up. :angry:;)

I know what you mean. We're all slightly offended that they didn't exercise the courtesy of giving us UP forumers a major heads up.  :angry:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pretty wierd. i checked out their website this morning and signed up just to get some more information. i received an email from them right away with their brochure. if anyone wants it just let me know and ill forward it to you.

I think you're going to see that more often. If a real estate office is representing a development, they will go to their own clients first, keeping commissions in house. This is easy to do with the way the market has been and with it really being a sellers market. This is how the offices bring in clients and differentiate themselves... they build a loyal client base if they are "in the know" on a project that is otherwise kept quiet. It's all about the $$$...

I think you're going to see that more often. If a real estate office is representing a development, they will go to their own clients first, keeping commissions in house. This is easy to do with the way the market has been and with it really being a sellers market. This is how the offices bring in clients and differentiate themselves... they build a loyal client base if they are "in the know" on a project that is otherwise kept quiet. It's all about the $$$...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gotcha. :thumbsup:

This one is for Bluewingzz or someone else who knows: In the Ridgely Manor site photos you show the lot across Rosalind from the Manor also outlined in red. The writing on the scanned picture says "parking lot." Is this lot somehow connected with the Manor? Please explain if you know. It's got me wondering.

Good call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All kidding aside, the lot is triangular, it probably could fit another Ridgely on it, it's highlighted red on the same photo as the Ridgely lot, and even though Bluewingzz has written Parking lot on it, I can't see the residents parking their new Bentleys purchased at the Benchmark there, then looking left, and dashing across Rosalind. What is up? Could Ridgely be holding something back from us (again)? We let them get away with it once. (OK, not all kidding aside). Bluewingzz, talk to me.

Archived