Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That triangle bit of land isn't all that big...I walk through it about 4 times per week. What is left there is not a parking lot but the remains of an older building (which someone uses to park a flatbed or an occasional pickup truck) I always thought the triangle would make a great little park or put up a nice large fountian. Just something nice to look at while driving down Rosalind other than that Travelodge that sits just to the north.

Ridgely manor developer purchased different pieces of land from multiple owners but i don't know exactly how many pieces they had bought. Those two pieces hightlighted red will be used for the ridgely manor project only. The bigger parcel going to be the building and the smaller parcel will be used as additional parking lot for yacht ,limousine as mentioned by upsdan. The developer had petitioned the City of Orlando for street abandonment , resulting in the premier location that the developer is placing Ridgely Manor. Hopefully they'll start calling people to sign the contract as soon as possible so the breakground ceremony can take place which is august. I hope they'll stay with the current price at the contract.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief Update I was e-mailed:

39 story residential condominium tower approximately 1.27 million square feet with an estimated cost of $170 million dollars. The project will have 23,500 square feet of retail/office restaurant space, 1023 parking spaces and 530 residential units with 1008 bedrooms. The residential square feet are 707,125. Estimated Constructionstart of October of 2005 and a completion date of October of 2007. Located at the intersections of Livingston and Rosalind, Magnolia and Palmetto this 39story luxury condominium tower will have a public art plaza and arcades extending along its northern east and west street level retail areas.

Brief Update I was e-mailed:

39 story residential condominium tower approximately 1.27 million square feet with an estimated cost of $170 million dollars. The project will have 23,500 square feet of retail/office restaurant space, 1023 parking spaces and 530 residential units with 1008 bedrooms. The residential square feet are 707,125. Estimated Constructionstart of October of 2005 and a completion date of October of 2007. Located at the intersections of Livingston and Rosalind, Magnolia and Palmetto this 39story luxury condominium tower will have a public art plaza and arcades extending along its northern east and west street level retail areas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG ! It's massive. It will certainly be the dominant building on the skyline, I should think.

Can anybody with architectural knowledge clear this up for me? Is it easier and faster to put up a steel frame skyscraper than a concrete one? Is that why Dynetech and Ridgley keep claiming they will have their developments up in such a short timeframe?

Here is what was faxed to me for a rendering of the project...

RidgleyManor.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ridgley Manor is Butt Ugly. It looks like a 1950's LA Skyscraper that should be getting knocked down. I would rather not have this thing built. Their is nothing original about it.... about as intringing a design as the VAB out at the cape.... :huh:

Generally speaking steel is quicker but there are conditions and caveats to this.

PIP concrete column/beam systems allow for more compact floor pans thus one can fit more floors made with concrete into a given height than with steel. For example, saving just five inches per floor with concrete will result in an extra floor within the same height in a 28-story building, two more floors in a 50-story building, etc.

But then a steel building can be framed much more quickly than a concrete one as with concrete one has to wait for each pour to cure to a specific point before it can be further loaded.

The relative pools of skilled labor are also a consideration. In some markets there exists a larger amount of skilled steel workers, in other markets there are more skilled concrete workers.

Material cost is another consideration. Depending on a variety world and national economic conditions, at any given time one material may be more or less expensive than the other. Right now with the Chinese basically buying every bit of steel and concrete they can get their hands on both are pretty expensive.

Weather is also a consideration. Steel framing can occur pretty much in any weather condition but extreme cold and snow can slow down significantly the progress of PIP concrete construction. In addition the admixtures to deal with such cold are often cost-prohibitive.

The new "thing" [though it isn

When it was first unveiled by jaybee it was reported to be a new 34 story condo tower which later changed to a 36 story tower at 440 feet and now i suppose it has evolved into a 39 story tower. I was just wondering if this is confirmed. Excuse me as i have been offline (in the dark) for awhile now and lost my thumb on the pulse of the city.

Archived