WaterFire

CtownMikey

Did anyone notice One Financial Plaza's lights were on late? At least 11:30pm last I looked.

That is good news, although truth be told I did not notice. What I did notice was how much better things looked with the American Express building lit up. I really hope after Fidelity is gone that someone moves in. Wonder how the new tenents like their new digs and Providence?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Waterfire Saturday night, brought my 12 year old niece from CT. Wow, was it crowded, more people than I have ever seen there. Part of it was due to the very annoying sidewalk closure in front of Waterplace park condo's, but even down at the other end it was mobbed. So much so that it really was more work than fun just navigating around and through the crowds :wacko: Anyone know how long the sidewalk will be shutdown in front of WPP condo's?

I was there and it had the usual 20-25,000 crowd. The sidewalks should be open when the towers are done next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The mall is close and cheap. It maybe a jam to exit but it wont cost you more than $1-10. Its an easy walk - Just exit the front and walk towards the mass of people.

0-3 hours: $1

3-4 hours: $5

4-5 hours: $6

5-6 hours: $7

6-7 hours: $8

7-8 hours: $13

8-10 hours: $15

10-12 hours: $17

12-20 hours: $20

RE: the mall.

Last weekend I jumped on 95S at Smithfield Ave and the traffic was at a stand still. 22C was backed up onto the highway. So I got off the 146 exit, took Smith St, then pulled into the Stateside garage where there wasn't even a line waiting to get in. Everybody was going up for parking spaces, so I went down and parked right by the exit where there was tons of open spots. Made leaving a breeze.

Park at the Statehouse or RIDOT/RIDOH lots. They're open and FREE. Don't pay, it's pointless. Waterfire is a short walk down the hill.

Which lots around the Statehouse are open to the public? I just assumed they were mostly employee only.

Which lots around the Statehouse are open to the public? I just assumed they were mostly employee only.

They are all open on weekend nights.

I don't like to park up there except during Waterfire because it seems like a prime break-in spot (given that no foot traffic ever goes up there) During WF though there are a ton of people coming and going.

all of them. the signs say statehouse employees only, but the lots are opened and unchecked at night on the weekend. that's where i always park. just don't drive up in front of the building. you might get towed. :thumbsup:

They are all open on weekend nights.

I don't like to park up there except during Waterfire because it seems like a prime break-in spot (given that no foot traffic ever goes up there) During WF though there are a ton of people coming and going.

all of them. the signs say statehouse employees only, but the lots are opened and unchecked at night on the weekend. that's where i always park. just don't drive up in front of the building. you might get towed. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, parked there last night. Easy in, easy out. I won't be missing the mess that is the mall garage on Waterfire nights.

Thanks guys, parked there last night. Easy in, easy out. I won't be missing the mess that is the mall garage on Waterfire nights.

ugh... i can't imagine that garage on waterfire nights... it's bad every non-waterfire night (even during the week). and i can't imagine paying for parking for waterfire...

speaking of that garage, every 6 months, they seem to change teh traffic patterns.

You know, I've never found the mall garage especially frustrating or annoying, until this most recent pattern change. Last week, I was trying to make my way to the top level (I wanted to park there to go to Dave & Busters), and I got turned around and somehow found myself going down. What made it worse is that there was a rush to leave the garage at the time, so I had to sit in traffic for probably ten minutes before I got back where I wanted to be.

Archived