WaterFire

CtownMikey

Why don't people just walk to WaterFire like I do, then load up on free wine and stumble home. What do you all do with your cars after loading up on free wine?

Well, you live on Federal Hill so walking for you is probably about a half mile. I live on the Pawtucket line, so the walk would be almost 3 miles one way and through areas that aren't very conducive to walking.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you live on Federal Hill so walking for you is probably about a half mile. I live on the Pawtucket line, so the walk would be almost 3 miles one way and through areas that aren't very conducive to walking.

But think of all the donut calories you could burn off with a six mile round trip walk. :silly:

PS: Is no one selling fried dough at WaterFire anymore? :cry:

But think of all the donut calories you could burn off with a six mile round trip walk. :silly:

True, it would certainly be good exercise, but I'd have a hard time talking any companions into joining me. RE: Fried Dough, I was following my nose over by RISD and was sure I would end up at a Fried Dough stand but it ended up being Cinnamon Roasted Almonds. Smelled very similar, twas a tease..

Why don't people just walk to WaterFire like I do, then load up on free wine and stumble home. What do you all do with your cars after loading up on free wine?

Umm, hello, this is Providence, everyone drives home drunk! I wonder if theres this many drunk drivers in other cities...

it's not an easy walk for most people... elmhurst is not close to downtown. it's about 2 miles through some places i wouldn't want to walk at 12 in the morning sober, nevermind drunk.

and i don't usually drink at waterfire...

there's usually a fried dough vendor on the exchange st bridge... there was the last time i went, which was august i think.

• 2 months later...

That's cool. I noticed they have a new sign up even closer to Memorial, right at Memorial actually, where the curved section of the building comes to a point. They've also got a temporary "opening in December" sign up facing Memorial.

Has there ever been a snowy Waterfire? I think that would actually be cool.

Yes, on New Years Eve - at least last year there was. It was really cool with the snow falling, the waterfire and fireworks.

There should be one waterfire a month in the wintertime - Christmas/Holiday, New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, St Patty's day, April Fools, Memorial Day and then it's June! Ok that might be getting out of hand, but one before Spring would be nice. :D

Yes, on New Years Eve - at least last year there was. It was really cool with the snow falling, the waterfire and fireworks.

There should be one waterfire a month in the wintertime - Christmas/Holiday, New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, St Patty's day, April Fools, Memorial Day and then it's June! Ok that might be getting out of hand, but one before Spring would be nice. :D

a valentine's day one would be cool... if they had some sort of boat things going on with lots of big blankets, it'd be even better. i'd consider paying for that.

A couple years ago in January, there was an official Waterfire in Jamestown, as a one-time event. Nothing big, just a couple dozen fires at the East Ferry marina. It was a nice, cozy event, but it was amazing to see how drastically the change of venue and snowy weather transformed the entire feel of the event.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This usually starts up in May, right? There's still no schedule up on the website, but I'm hoping there will be a Waterfire May 6th as I have family visiting. Anyone heard anything?

not to burst your bubble, but i think it's usually late may when it starts, but who knows. i'm still praying for one on june 7, 2008. :thumbsup:

and what's this have to do with waterfire?

She's expressing civil disobedience, seeing if I'll boost her warn level.

I've PM'd the powers that be about an off-topic section.

And I wish WaterFire would get cracking on their schedule. I need to tell my parents when to come, and I need to know for work too.

If memory serves, the first one is usually on or around Memorial Day weekend.

Archived