Eastside Shopping

gs3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I, for one, am glad Krystal is starting to get into this market. I love those tiny hamburgers and hotdogs. :) The only one that I know of is on exit 96 in Gaffney... not exactly on my way to anywhere.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first one in the local market opened at a Spinx in Travelers Rest on U.S. Highway 25. The second opened on Pleasantburg Road at another Spinx. Thank you, Stewart! :D

I have to admit, I get a late-night craving for those "little square things" (I know, I know - that quote is from "White Castle Blues" by the Smithereens, but it applies here too) sometimes. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I, for one, am glad Krystal is starting to get into this market. I love those tiny hamburgers and hotdogs. :) The only one that I know of is on exit 96 in Gaffney... not exactly on my way to anywhere.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many years ago, there was a Krystal on 291, sort of across from/behind the BJU tennis courts... used to be a favorite late-night stop, back in the day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of development on Pelham road, what is the story with the vacant movie theater across fro the BiLo? I am fairly new to Greenville, so I don't know when it closed, but it looks like it has been empty for quite a while. With all the restaurants nearby, it seems like a good location for a theater. Does anyone know when and why it closed?

I think it has been closed for 6 years now. It wasn't very old when it closed. Regal Cinemas leases it from Century Real Estate and it was part of a rash of closing that took places a few years back after Cherrydale opened up. With to megaplexes in town providing stadium seating the other could not compete.

Bijou (torn down), Carmike (now the Camalot), Haywood Cinemas, and the Dollar Theater on Haywood (Redempption World Outreach) all shut down.

My guess is that Regal who operated the Hollywood 20 is still bound by their lease despite the fact that they do not use the building. Obviously they do not think it would be profitable to have it open or it would be, futhermore they are hardly likely to sublease it to a competitor who may take business away from the Hollywood 20.

I think at some time they may find it in their interest to open it back up. But with box office numbers falling it may not be any time soon.

Archived