West End Stadium

gs3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have started construction. The site contained alot of concrete, and the stadium is going to be built into the ground. For a while it is just going to look like alot of digging. There is alot of site prep involved with a project like this.

Thanks!  Is the transit garage being moved for the stadium?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been wondering the same thing. From the rendering at the Centennial American Properties web site, it appears that the area around the Transit Facility is being developed.

http://www.capllc.com/images/properties/pa...RenderingLG.jpg

http://www.capllc.com/images/properties/pa...arksiteplan.htm

http://www.capllc.com/images/properties/pa...ndering%202.jpg

This, I believe, is where the proposed West End grocery/pharmacy and other retail development is planned.

Does anybody know when the new Bombers stadium will start construction?  Was by there this past weekend and there are some construction trailers and fencing, etc. but nothing that looks like major work as of yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dragged my wife and kids down to the site during Artisphere last weekend. There is definitely site work being undertaken to prepare for construction. I'd upload photos, but I think I need to meet a minimum requirement for number of posts before I can do so. :D

Thanks RestedTraveler for the links! Great!

I was down at Artisphere on Saturday but never made it by the stadium site. What did you think of the first Artisphere? I thought it came off pretty well done. Really liked that the artist were from all areas of the US and not just the Upstate/Asheville region. Great representation and selection.

What did you think of the first Artisphere?  I thought it came off pretty well done.  Really liked that the artist were from all areas of the US and not just the Upstate/Asheville region.  Great representation and selection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was very well done. I moved up here from Orlando, Florida several years ago. In Central Florida, we had numerous events that were very similar to this one (Mount Dora Art Festival, Winter Park Art Festival, Festival of the Masters at Walt Disney World, etc.). I have to say that this was right up there with those. It definitely exceeded the expectations that the old RiverPlace Art Festival and Art in the Park had set for me.

I enjoyed the international feel to it as well; however, I especially enjoyed the fact that Artisphere's definition of the arts included music and other performance art as well as the typical forums (sculpture, pottery, paintings, jewelry, etc.). Art in Action with Brian Olsen was pretty neat, too.

A job well done by all involved, I do have to say! Just one more sign that Greenville has definitely come into its own.

Artisphere went pretty well, though not nearly as well attended was hoped. The simple reason for this was the fact that the entire weekend turned cold and extremely windy. This made it rather miserable for many people to stay outside for long periods and even kept many others home.

On Friday one artist literally lost his entire inventory when the severe storm came through downtown, while on Saturday another was blown over with her canopy! :(

I look for the next few years to be a much better representation of the true nature of Artisphere. One sign was that all of the indoor activities were very well attended. :)

• 1 year later...

I always think it's funny to go back and read old threads. Had some time and I was reading through some of the threads on pages 17 and 18. This one was about West End Field......it hadn't really started construction. What struck me as funny was RT's comment that he didn't have a high enough post count to post a photo. After all the many beautiful photos RT has contibuted to this site, to read this just seemed odd. Seemed like I had really gone way back in time. Also in this thread, looks like the first ever Artisphere was being discussed. Artisphere seems like an old friend now.

I'm feeling a little pensive today.....not sure why.

Archived