Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This is Alexan Tompkins Mill, they go hand in hand with Adaptive Re-Uses of Mills by Whitepoint. There’s one a Krogs market too. Trammel Crow is developing. It wasn’t by right, but it was done very quietly. I’ll find my renderings when I finally get to work, slow start this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your article:

http://www.charlottefive.com/light-rail-reshape-optimist-park/ 

Atlanta’s Trammell Crow is planning a new mid-rise apartment building directly adjacent to Tompkins Hall. Trammel Crow worked on Alexan at Krog in Atlanta, which was built adjacent to Krog Market, which was developed by Paces Properties, who is partnering with White Point Partners on Tompkins Hall. The representative I spoke to from Trammell Crow learned about Tompkins Hall from Paces Properties and hoped to develop a similar residential project in Charlotte. The development isn’t directly adjacent to Tompkins Hall, but the developers still hope to link the development to Tompkins Hall and the nearby rail line. The development, which will wrap a structured parking deck, will include the following:

– 250 units of apartments.
– No retail, but an activated streetscape with stoops and porches.

Trammell Crow is in contract to purchase the land, and is submitting plans to the planning department. Estimated completion is in 2019.

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2016Petitions/Pages/2016-069.aspx

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.39.15 AM.png

6 minutes ago, dubone said:

I figured that corner would be amenities when I saw it, but I didn't want to believe it... at least residentces will have stoops, etc

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

If it is a symbiotic developer to the mills, they likely build the single-use residential to help support the mill office and retail next door.   We all love the ideal of ground retail, but it still a lot going in there, and this section of Caldwell/Parkwood has zero natural pedestrian flow, and frankly, in the long run, Brevard would be the bike/ped street clear of the traffic.  

I agree with the ideal, but I feel like it will still be a net positive for the area when taken in total with the mill redevelopment. 

2 hours ago, dubone said:

From your article:

http://www.charlottefive.com/light-rail-reshape-optimist-park/ 

Atlanta’s Trammell Crow is planning a new mid-rise apartment building directly adjacent to Tompkins Hall. Trammel Crow worked on Alexan at Krog in Atlanta, which was built adjacent to Krog Market, which was developed by Paces Properties, who is partnering with White Point Partners on Tompkins Hall. The representative I spoke to from Trammell Crow learned about Tompkins Hall from Paces Properties and hoped to develop a similar residential project in Charlotte. The development isn’t directly adjacent to Tompkins Hall, but the developers still hope to link the development to Tompkins Hall and the nearby rail line. The development, which will wrap a structured parking deck, will include the following:

– 250 units of apartments.
– No retail, but an activated streetscape with stoops and porches.

Trammell Crow is in contract to purchase the land, and is submitting plans to the planning department. Estimated completion is in 2019.

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2016Petitions/Pages/2016-069.aspx

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.39.15 AM.png

Lol, from my own article. LOL. I scooped this development, and nobody even noticed/mentioned it for like 8 more months. I forgot I put that in there. I reached out to the developer to get renderings hopefully.

1 hour ago, Desert Power said:

They are adding a light at Belmont for this right?

Yup, part of the one-half of Parkwood diets/improvements on the books.

This stretch, from the NECI bonds, will start around 2 years from now, but a light may happen sooner.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Yup, part of the one-half of Parkwood diets/improvements on the books.

This stretch, from the NECI bonds, will start around 2 years from now, but a light may happen sooner.

Yeah, a light there would be needed when that complex is built for sure IMO.  Already such a dangerous stretch, although I'm biased because I've been hit twice while driving there...

Rode through Optimist Park to check out all of the development activities.  Seems like everything proposed (From Apartments to Mill Restorations) for the last 2 years (or more recent) is actively under construction.  All save for the Miller Valentine Apartment Project (Fronting N. Davidson btwn 21st & 22nd).  Anyone know what up with this development?  This is directly adjacent to Abari.

Thanks for that information.  Wood Partners are really doubling down on the proposed growth along the BLE through Optimist Park as they already have a major complex under construction in Optimist Park.

Does anyone here want to comment or make predictions about the possibility of any High Rise construction  (Residential/Hospitality/Office) for the O.P. Area since it too is a close in neighborhood to Uptown?

On 6/23/2018 at 4:09 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Does anyone here want to comment or make predictions about the possibility of any High Rise construction  (Residential/Hospitality/Office) for the O.P. Area since it too is a close in neighborhood to Uptown?

not an expert but...

my guess is that high rise construction NE of 277 is a longgg way in the future. The area has poor road access thanks to the RRs, lousy visibility for anyone driving past and surrounding neighborhoods are not nice enough to attract execs yet (gentrification is happening rapidly, but Villa Heights is not yet in the Dilworth category of swank).  In addition there are very few sites that I would consider to be attractive for a cluster of mid-rise offices. The only thing that might trigger tall building development is if the Knowledge Corridor plan got some momentum (and anchor tenants). In the meantime there is plenty of room for new office space in Uptown, Southend and Midtown. I also think the West Morehead corridor might see mid-rise growth before OP.

Edited by kermit

Thanks for that information.  Wood Partners are really doubling down on the proposed growth along the BLE through Optimist Park as they already have a major complex under construction in Optimist Park.

Won’t ever happen unless the train lot was completely filled in and connected. There’s no road infrastructure. That’s a good reason NoDa proper doesn’t have a grocery store. Neither of those things exist in two land streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: anyone know enough about the developers on the three apartment projects along Brevard Streets to know which ones may be the best quality,  and which the least? Alexan, NRP Group, Wood Partners?

I've noticed over time that some South end mid rises are better than others. Frim interior finishes to exterior aging.

Any signal how these three inaugural BLE properties will stack up against each other? @ricky_davis_fan_21

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

Grubb is moving forward with plans to sell the remaining plots of land in Seigle Point for development. I forget the name of the new developer, but they will need to get started pretty much immediately and be finished within the next 12 months. 

There will be 19 more units starting at $325k.

The homeowners in the neighborhood have to agree to extend their declaration though, or they will drop their bid. 22/31 homeowners have to approve it, which is probably pretty likely as long as we can track them all down.

Question: anyone know enough about the developers on the three apartment projects along Brevard Streets to know which ones may be the best quality,  and which the least? Alexan, NRP Group, Wood Partners?
I've noticed over time that some South end mid rises are better than others. Frim interior finishes to exterior aging.
Any signal how these three inaugural BLE properties will stack up against each other? [mention=17104]ricky_davis_fan_21[/mention]

These haven’t been shared publicly for some reason but here’s Alexan. I think NPR will be the best units personally and the closest to the station.
7df65de666465834251c7daf6a9abbf9.jpg24458b2fb4181f8d694702792adf28e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk