Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

20 minutes ago, fortibus said:

The townhomes on Seigle now have a website and fancy promotional video.

www.cityscapetowns.com

Nice fine!

I'm really glad this developer factored in community input. Otherwise Van Every wouldn't have gotten these surprisingly contextual-looking two story garage-in-the-rear units:

Screenshot_2018-07-23-16-26-15.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 2

More Belmont pics!

#1-4: 

Update on the Saint Paul affordable and senior housing townhomes and apartments. Along Allen, 17th, and 18th St.

#5-6:

Harrill St & 16th: I need to give props to home developers like this who go to great efforts to save a facade, even if they're building a giant 2-story home

20180722_170613.jpg

20180722_170637.jpg

20180722_170544.jpg

20180722_170519.jpg

20180722_170726.jpg

20180723_090658.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know that Wood Partners project at Brevard/25th with retail, etc? 

It's apparently going to be called Alta Warp + Weft

WarpWeft.jpg

So I'm going to give them the benefit of my ignorance  and say they are smartly alluding to both OP's textile history, and how the LSC Greenway will "weave" in to the BLE at this intersection.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Two updates in the neighborhood:

• 1121 N Myers - This house next to the Peridoe townhomes put a FSBO sign up (see attached). 4 rental units inside that are being renovated, but owner is also willing to sell. I think he mentioned in the $600k range.
  • 1110 N Alexander - Right behind that house is this little-known townhome project: https://www.1110nalexander.com/. They just broke ground and are putting in the slab now.

IMG_0483.JPG

Edited by fortibus

1 hour ago, fortibus said:

Two updates in the neighborhood:

• 1121 N Myers - This house next to the Peridoe townhomes put a FSBO sign up (see attached). 4 rental units inside that are being renovated, but owner is also willing to sell. I think he mentioned in the $600k range.
  • 1110 N Alexander - Right behind that house is this little-known townhome project: https://www.1110nalexander.com/. They just broke ground and are putting in the slab now.

Re: 1110 N Alexander -
Why with the garage doors everywhere??

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 6.11.25 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Garages are not ideal for an urban setting but especially in a transitioning neighborhoods where people are not confident in the safety, and appealing to buyers that might be coming back in from the suburbs, They seem to be considered necessary elements of these townhouses that are coming in Optimist Park in this wave.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dubone said:

Garages are not ideal for an urban setting but especially in a transitioning neighborhoods where people are not confident in the safety, and appealing to buyers that might be coming back in from the suburbs, They seem to be considered necessary elements of these townhouses that are coming in Optimist Park in this wave.  

Cars aren't ideal for urban settings, but everybody in Charlotte has one so we have to put them somewhere. Aesthetically, I would rather have cars hidden within garages than to have a car lot behind or in front of the townhomes.

I'm not a developer but I would imagine these choices also have to do with the constraints of the site and trying to maximize the value of the property. The 1110 N Alexander site is long and narrow, so the only way to get 4 townhomes in there is to go vertical. Having an attached garage is a nice amenity that likely pushes up the sales price.

• Like 3

In the news this morning, a tragic carbon monoxide leak has resulted in the death of 2 and the hospitalization of 3 people in the the Uptown neighborhood of NoDa.  It appears that a resident at 1100 Alexander has sat on his keys which remotely started his automobile in their ground floor garage, resulting in the tragedy late in the evening.  Interviews of the neighboring Blue family have made it clear that they have no intention of abandoning their garage.  "We want our car safely indoors free from window breaks, vandalism and sunlight.  I didn't really like that Red man anyway.  He always let his dog on my 6 inch strip of grass, when he had his own strip of grass"

Story at 11. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any rumors in the wind about whether the "late 2018" opening for Tompkins Hall is still on track?  tompkinshall.com still has that date on their website, but it sure doesn't look 3-4 months away from opening, at least viewed from the light rail side.  A lot of exterior walls are still missing and the grounds are still rough dirt.  Visually I would guess more like late 2019.

The city doesn't seem ready for its opening either... there are still no stoplights for pedestrians to cross Parkwood in the immediate vicinity, and only that narrow/overgrown sidewalk from the station as an earlier post mentioned.

I am moving to this area soon, so kinda self-interested here...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, J-Money said:

Any rumors in the wind about whether the "late 2018" opening for Tompkins Hall is still on track?  tompkinshall.com still has that date on their website, but it sure doesn't look 3-4 months away from opening, at least viewed from the light rail side.  A lot of exterior walls are still missing and the grounds are still rough dirt.  Visually I would guess more like late 2019.

The city doesn't seem ready for its opening either... there are still no stoplights for pedestrians to cross Parkwood in the immediate vicinity, and only that narrow/overgrown sidewalk from the station as an earlier post mentioned.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I just want to say welcome to UP and the area! :tw_smile:

• Like 3

1st quarter 2019, is what I’ve been told

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah those "mad dashes" are what I was hoping I'll eventually be able to avoid (I know I'll have em for a few months at least.)  Will see if they actually make 1Q 2019.

And, thanks for the welcome!  I've been living in Charlotte about a year now (Fourth Ward), but likely moving soon to Optimist Park.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, J-Money said:

Yeah those "mad dashes" are what I was hoping I'll eventually be able to avoid (I know I'll have em for a few months at least.)  Will see if they actually make 1Q 2019.

And, thanks for the welcome!  I've been living in Charlotte about a year now (Fourth Ward), but likely moving soon to Optimist Park.

Don’t you just love optimistic construction delivery dates? This sign was still up on the property the last time I biked by... “Arriving Late 2017”. 

C8FAD162-1D72-4BB7-B50F-8D05C420FBAC.thumb.jpeg.563f0c2eccd3cd4d4cf9f3dbca99c2fb.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 7:33 PM, J-Money said:

Best practice is to just expect everything here to take much longer than planned.