Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I sure hope there are plans to clean up Sugar Creek and make a greenway trail along the bank? These couple blocks are prime..... so much potential.

Part of the Cross Charlotte Trail. This segment is not funded yet, but the bike path goes all the way to 24th street. 

https://charlottenc.gov/Projects/Pages/XCLTDavidsonMatheson.aspx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who knows me knows that I have never had a donut better than Krispy Kreme. Not even the gourmet donuts that have popped up around town in our era.

So it is with grim surprise, and I swear not a bit of malice toward @KJHburg , that I must now deem the glazed croissants from"Burney's Sweets & More" on N Davidson St as TIED for the BEST DONUTS EVER.

Seriously if you have not tried this place, you gotta. Everything else there (the "& More") is a solid "okay," but the glazed croissants are so killer.

What's cool is the building they're in is owned by the church behind it. Nice to see they are leveraging their real estate.

Burney's_Sweets_&_More_Photo_1_Enhanced.jpg

burneys3.jpg

• Like 4

Anyone who knows me knows that I have never had a donut better than Krispy Kreme. Not even the gourmet donuts that have popped up around town in our era.
So it is with grim surprise, and I swear not a bit of malice toward [mention=31050]KJHburg[/mention] , that I must now deem the glazed croissants from"Burney's Sweets & More" on N Davidson St as TIED for the BEST DONUTS EVER.
Seriously if you have not tried this place, you gotta. Everything else there (the "& More") is a solid "okay," but the glazed croissants are so killer.
What's cool is the building they're in is owned by the church behind it. Nice to see they are leveraging their real estate.
1720848161_Burneys_Sweets__More_Photo_1_Enhanced.jpg.c7976a33d90716d6d49e63a00fbb5939.jpg
burneys3.thumb.jpg.86634f1bc7a4bedb36b7c81dacb80109.jpg

Wish they’d let me redesign their logo, I’d do it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

The new Rhino Market is open and they will soon be printing money with hundreds of apartments in walking distance coming online. Try one of their sandwiches.    

I think this is Optimist Park even though it’s literally on N.Davidson street? I’m fuzzy on the boundaries. 

87DF2FE6-246F-4C40-957C-852FA61C14E0.jpeg

2F7510C9-87BB-458E-A815-05F034227614.jpeg

Its villa heights.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

The new Rhino Market is open and they will soon be printing money with hundreds of apartments in walking distance coming online. Try one of their sandwiches.    

I think this is Optimist Park even though it’s literally on N.Davidson street? I’m fuzzy on the boundaries. 

They definitely should be printing money, it's the only place that serves food in that area unless you want something from Amelies until the new pho place opens up if you don't want to walk up to NoDa. And there will be plenty of traffic with 2 huge apartment complexes opening soon and another Camden one after that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpiritOf76 said:

Any idea what’s going on here? They scraped the road and poured a new sidewalk. Wasn’t sure if something was going on that lot or not ...

That's the tail end of the LSC Greenway connector, which will connect where it currently ends at 7th St, over Central Ave Bridge, then down into that residential area, to spit out behind the storage building. Then connect at the Seigle Point / Alexander St Park section

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

It looks awesome. A Superica and a Hop City Bar would complete and be better than Krog. Has a few Ponce tenants too. Really is a stellar project. Is it on an extended rail trail?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

It looks awesome. A Superica and a Hop City Bar would complete and be better than Krog. Has a few Ponce tenants too. Really is a stellar project. Is it on an extended rail trail?

Ish? The Cross-Charlotte Trail is about 4 blocks away. Parkwood Station is about 3 blocks. There is a comfortable bike route going into Uptown along Brevard, but Parkwood is still unsafe for most cyclists. 

• Like 2