Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

I wonder if we are finally at the point where Hunter Wrecker will shift away from the Optimist Park site.    

Seeing the Alta Purl almost finished is gratifying knowing once, they planned an asphalt plant on that block.   Industry is important, but as this area is now growing into an urban bedroom community, the industry looks more and more out of place. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Looks like Hunter must read these boards.  They just listed their 6 acres on the 2 blocks yesterday for just over $17mm. :w00t:

Isn't the concern with Hunter the same as the Lidl site in Southend?  That there will be a need for major soil decontamination? 

This site selling would be a big win for the neighborhood so this is still exciting news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slipperypete said:

Holy cow, I picked the right day to make an account on UP. This is (potentially) yuge. 

Welcome @slipperypete

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

Isn't the concern with Hunter the same as the Lidl site in Southend?  That there will be a need for major soil decontamination? 

This site selling would be a big win for the neighborhood so this is still exciting news.

Is that really the issue with Lidl?  I thought it was internal Lidl issues.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Lidl issue is specific to the company not the site. The $17 mil pricetag wouldn't be crazy at $65/SF if the whole site was usable, but the usable is less than 4.5 acres, so it's really almost $90/SF before you factor in that it's split into three areas that can't be connected. I hope it sells for the benefit of the surrounding area, but pricing is way too steep.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I wouldn't mind Hunter moving tomorrow, but I'm secretly (this board is anonymous, yes?) holding out hope that nothing gets built there until next cycle; Purl and Alexan both already look the same, I'd prefer a product from different market conditions. That's just me. :ph34r:

Same here actually. If all we're going to get is 2 megablocks of apartments I'd rather see nothing for a while. Let Optimist Hall and the nearby apartments fill up, watch how commercial properties are doing in Belmont. Then maybe we can get something a bit different. Particularly for the parcel between Caldwell and Davidson - there are a lot of car trips going past there, and a lot of transit riders and pedestrians in the future - it would make a great spot for mixed use.  A smaller format HT or Publix would probably do very well here. 

• Like 2

^^^ so the six acres includes the creek...?  I could easily imagine that any prospective buyer would also make a play for Area 15..  adding that property to the deal would really make this a game changer..   Though in doing so, it would seem that the TFK Recyclery days would be numbered.    Sad. 

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

^^^ so the six acres includes the creek...?  I could easily imagine that any prospective buyer would also make a play for Area 15..  adding that property to the deal would really make this a game changer..   Though in doing so, it would seem that the TFK Recyclery days would be numbered.    Sad. 

That won't be happening any time soon.

It’s enough of a gamechanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...