Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

1 hour ago, jcummings138 said:

Ate there yesterday. Unremarkable, but not in a bad way. Burger was fairly good but is never going to get nominated for best burger in Charlotte. 

It was busy. I think they'll do well.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

White Duck Taco is open as of this weekend.  

We tried it out and were impressed. Haven't been to Velvet Taco yet, so not sure who will win in the newly competitive OP/Belmont taco landscape.

Looked like they're waiting on permits - soft drinks only for now. And it's not their fault, but the pedestrian access from 10th and Seigle is dumb - go further down the Seigle dead end to the ramp-ish access around the corner from them, or down hill on 10th to walk up a bunch of stairs.  Doesn't seem like it would have been difficult to offer 2 steps right at that corner given the layout of the front walkway. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Dang - Doesn’t Wood Partners already have like two (2) Apartment Complexes in the Optimist Park Neighborhood already?  Just wrapping my head around the notion that there’s enough / will be enough demand in Optimist Park for all these Apartments....

This project, and Alta Warp + Weft, is Wood Partners heavily banking on the future LSC Greenway extension... which is a great idea, except for the fact that W+W was already burned by the City with the 25th St bridge (2017 completion date?). Who knows how long until this funded greenway project finally happens...?

Edited by SgtCampsalot

49 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Optimist Park is a 10 minute commute to Uptown on the Blue Line. or 15-20 to SouthEnd. You also live within 10 minutes of NoDa and Plaza-Midwood. I’d be surprised if apartment building slows down any time soon on this side of town. 

I see what you’re saying - I wonder if these companies publish their occupancy/lease up rates or if that’s kept private for matters of competition?  If building keeps going at this rate (2 apartments opening, with 2 under construction) - Optimist Park vacant/buildable lots will be gone in 5 years.

10 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

This project, and Alta Warp + Weft, is Wood Partners heavily banking on the future LSC Greenway extension... which is a great idea, except for the fact that W+W was already burned by the City with the 25th St bridge (2017 completion date?). Who knows how long until this funded greenway project finally happens...?

True - Not sure about the Greenway but I know for a fact that the 25th Street Bridge Project should break ground this coming year in 2020.  Not sure of the completion date but becuase its a City Project I would suspect it takes 18 to 24 months.

Edited by Hushpuppy321

58 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Dang - Doesn’t Wood Partners already have like two (2) Apartment Complexes in the Optimist Park Neighborhood already?  Just wrapping my head around the notion that there’s enough / will be enough demand in Optimist Park for all these Apartments....

Don’t forget about the 50-60 people who move to Charlotte each day...

I can state from knowledge that the occupancies in the OP/Villa Heights/NoDa are not exactly as high as what everyone wants to see right now, but that is very clearly the result of so many coming online SIMULTANEOUSLY. It is still very clear that, at least spread out a little bit, there are enough people to fill all of these apartments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I can state from knowledge that the occupancies in the OP/Villa Heights/NoDa are not exactly as high as what everyone wants to see right now, but that is very clearly the result of so many coming online SIMULTANEOUSLY. It is still very clear that, at least spread out a little bit, there are enough people to fill all of these apartments.

25th Street still being not even started has to be a killer for W&W and the Collective right now.

• 1 month later...

From Charlotte Business Ledger:

• Optimist Park apartments: A developer has filed for a rezoning to build apartments next to Optimist Hall, according to city records. Jefferson Apartment Group says it would like to rezone the 5-acre parcel on Wadsworth Place, across the light rail tracks from the food court and office complex, “to allow the development of a multi-family residential community,” records show.”

http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov/#mat=65873&pid=08102103&gisid=08102103

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Drilling appeared to be underway at the Yandle-Witherspoon supply property this morning (between BLE and Brevard adjacent to CSX).

Still drilling the lot this afternoon, sorry about lack of pictures (wrong side of train both ways)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3