Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

3 hours ago, CLT-704 said:

Southeastern Lighting located at 21st & N. Davidson was just issued a total demo permit for their 35K building. 

I'm sure an apartment building will go here. BUT if the developer has some vision and spent the money... a rooftop restaurant would be incredible in this location. Amazing skyline views and then wonderful park views/setting of Cordelia. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

I'm sure an apartment building will go here. BUT if the developer has some vision and spent the money... a rooftop restaurant would be incredible in this location. Amazing skyline views and then wonderful park views/setting of Cordelia. 

When I first moved to Villa Heights in 2015 a developer that was intending to buy that property came to a community meeting.  You're right, they were planning an apartment complex.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kermit said:

Just got an update email from the Friends of Queens Park (the giant park on the NS railyard). They mention that they are “actively working to complete” (with CharMeck parks and rec) a “starter park” at the north end of the railyard. This can be done without any cooperation from NS. The rendering below isn’t super clear, but I think the starter park is mostly the planned Sugar Creek Greenway segments.

Regardless, I will be excited to see something done to nudge this visionary project forward. 

9B2D65B8-1AC0-4376-B9B0-E597527AAC02.jpeg

Yeah, its area that was largely going to be in the cross Charlotte trail (because it is in the floodplain). Just connecting this with Cordelia would be huge for this area of town.  I still think the railyard should be mostly turned into midrises with a greenway vs such a large park, but admire this group making an impact.