Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

How is parking going to be enforced since they don’t have gates and ticket machines in most of the parking locations?  Going to install some over this weekend?

My guess would be like how they do it at the music factory. Which my wife got a $75 ticket at lastnight. She hadn't been paying or validating on her volleyball nights and they finally caught her.

They just have signs up at each spot that direct you to an app for payment.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Rickybobby said:

My guess would be like how they do it at the music factory. Which my wife got a $75 ticket at lastnight. She hadn't been paying or validating on her volleyball nights and they finally caught her.

They just have signs up at each spot that direct you to an app for payment.

Yeah, I bet they do an app and just have someone patrolling the lots.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Yeah, I bet they do an app and just have someone patrolling the lots.

yup, license plate reader tech can be delivered to your door tomorrow for less than $1k

https://www.amazon.com/license-plate-recognition-camera/s?k=license+plate+recognition+camera

Depending on how aggressively they enforce you may be able to thwart OH parking fees by backing into your space so your plate can't be read (depending on how active the person driving the plate scanning vehicle around is).

Edited by kermit

It seems like this may have been breezed over just a  bit since it was posted in the "First Ward" thread:

On 8/8/2022 at 2:13 PM, AnonymousCanadian said:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like this may have been breezed over just a  bit since it was posted in the "First Ward" thread:

This was actually posted here months ago likely actually when this story came out in February of this year. With so much going on it’s no wonder some forgot about it.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, jtmonk said:

Saw this on jasonthomasclt Instagram this morning. 130,000 SF, 8 story office building behind Optimist Hall.  Looks pretty good. 

Optimist Park Office Building.jpg

I noticed a crane of significant height in the direction of Optimist Hall - is it for this project?

On 10/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, tozmervo said:

I noticed a crane of significant height in the direction of Optimist Hall - is it for this project?

Yes I believe so.  That Office appears planned for directly adjacent to the Apartment & Parking Deck Complex under construction.  This area will be a hit for those apartments and eventually the Office Space.  Who wouldn’t want to work in an office (If you couldn’t WFH) directly adjacent to Optimist Hall?

• Like 1

Update - Someone prior asked about the Crane at Optimist (Food) Hall.  It would appear that this new Crane is only Sufficient for the Apartment Complex under construction.  The Office portion of the work (to be located adjacent to the Parking Deck) will need its own separate Crane roughly in the area I circled it would seem.   Sorry in advance for the crude mark up… lol.
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_10/2A8B901B-4BB2-4207-A4D8-B5F9F6DA2288.thumb.jpeg.64a5cc409a48c23a4a873cb3a9740338.jpeg
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_10/85567D54-1ACC-4A70-8137-2660886D815D.thumb.jpeg.bdf5f548929cc0a27b51f4cea797bc1d.jpeg

That’s a tall garage… probably will pick up a lot of the parking demand at OP I’m thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Nathan2 said:

…., lots of cars blocking the sidewalk. 

Would REALLY like to see some enforcement of this law in Charlotte.

(not necessarily the folks who have suburban guests block the sidewalk for an hour, but at least the folks who park their F-150 across the sidewalk every day for years (speaking of a neighbor of mine, not the photo)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, kermit said:

Would REALLY like to see some enforcement of this law in Charlotte.

(not necessarily the folks who have suburban guests block the sidewalk for an hour, but at least the folks who park their F-150 across the sidewalk every day for years)

those townhomes where the white truck is parked were under construction not yet occupied.  But I have seen vehicles block in other areas of course but this is not an example of that. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Wood Partners (of the "Alta" brand) has bought the church (didn't realize it was a church, thought it was some municipal building) at the southeast corner of Seigle and 10th for new apartment project.  No details other than that.

That is (was?) Charlotte Lab School's kindergarten. Don't think it was a church.