Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

17 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Lab as in laboratory (a place to conduct experiments, test, investigate, etc). 

It's taking an unused building and re-purposing it (like in first ward).  If you are baiting into a charter school debate, you are out of luck. 

I simply wanted clarification concerning the school's title as you submitted, i.e. Charlotte Lab School. I have no interest into debating charter schools or any other issue. Sorry my question was so difficult. I didn't ask for the definition of "lab." 

Edited by caterpillar2

1 hour ago, caterpillar2 said:

I simply wanted clarification concerning the school's title as you submitted, i.e. Charlotte Lab School. I have no interest into debating charter schools or any other issue. Sorry my question was so difficult. I didn't ask for the definition of "lab." 

Really? Did you even read the post?  I quoted your question with the answer (which is the answer by the way). It's a school in Charlotte that took the literal meaning of "laboratory" as in a school to conduct experiments, test, investigate. 

I then quoted another poster that said I wasn't going to debate charter vs public schools. 

1 hour ago, InSouthPark said:

Really? Did you even read the post?  I quoted your question with the answer (which is the answer by the way). It's a school in Charlotte that took the literal meaning of "laboratory" as in a school to conduct experiments, test, investigate. 

I then quoted another poster that said I wasn't going to debate charter vs public schools. 

Yes, I did read your post. I first noticed your sarcasm when you gave the definition of the word "lab" which was not what I was asking. Then you questioned whether I was "baiting into a 'charter school' debate."  I appreciate your explanation of the "lab school," just not the sarcasm and implication. Now, we are clear. Can we please drop it and move on?

According to the articles, the Charlotte Lab School signed a 6-year lease. However, I remember reading that the site was purchased by RKM Development back in November and that the "site will eventually be redeveloped."

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/02/seigle-avenue-church-site-sells-for-3-million-with.html

Will they really wait 6 years to do that? Does the lessor usually have a way of terminating the agreement early in these type of situations or are they now stuck with waiting 6 years?

11 hours ago, fortibus said:

According to the articles, the Charlotte Lab School signed a 6-year lease. However, I remember reading that the site was purchased by RKM Development back in November and that the "site will eventually be redeveloped."

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/02/seigle-avenue-church-site-sells-for-3-million-with.html

Will they really wait 6 years to do that? Does the lessor usually have a way of terminating the agreement early in these type of situations or are they now stuck with waiting 6 years?

I don't see why they would since they explicitly stated they'll redevelop it "eventually".

RKM's portfolio seems to be largely strip malls and Walgreens, so that tells me they don't care about waiting to sell something off (or redevelop it... though are they a good company to build an urban property like that?).

• Like 1

I was told Seigle Point townhomes would finally be built out to completion starting later this year by a neighbor that knows the developer. For those unfamiliar, the neighborhood was originally supposed to have 50 townhome. Only 31 were built. 

The new ones will have a similar design to the 31 already there, but they will have a rooftop area and some other changes. I was told they'd be $350,000ish.

This was all just from a conversation,  so hopefully it is accurate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 8:19 PM, Niner National said:

I was told Seigle Point townhomes would finally be built out to completion starting later this year by a neighbor that knows the developer. For those unfamiliar, the neighborhood was originally supposed to have 50 townhome. Only 31 were built. 

The new ones will have a similar design to the 31 already there, but they will have a rooftop area and some other changes. I was told they'd be $350,000ish.

This was all just from a conversation,  so hopefully it is accurate.

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but Pulte home is planning 126 townhomes across Seigle on that long vacant site at the corner of Seigle and 10th.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, atlrvr said:

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but Pulte home is planning 126 townhomes across Seigle on that long vacant site at the corner of Seigle and 10th.

Are there any article out there about this? I follow this neighborhood pretty closely and I haven't seen anything about that.

You're talking about on the north side of 10th right next to Piedmont Open Middle School? There's been several acres for sale right there for a while now.

No...but there was a subdivision application for that site......address is 1113 10th St, which is the corner there (yes, Seigle to Piedmont middle).

1 hour ago, fortibus said:

Are there any article out there about this? I follow this neighborhood pretty closely and I haven't seen anything about that.

You're talking about on the north side of 10th right next to Piedmont Open Middle School? There's been several acres for sale right there for a while now.

• Like 1

No renderings but here some information on how many of the 3-4 story townhomes they will build

From the Business Journal today "The next one on deck for the homebuilder will be in the Belmont neighborhood, at the intersection of East 10th Street and Seigle Avenue, just outside of uptown. Nearly 6.6 acres at that corner, which sits next to Piedmont Open IB Middle School, have been actively marketed for almost a year. Pulte has plans to begin redeveloping that site, which is mostly surface lots, with 126 townhouses by the end of the year."  

That is large community the article talks about their other intown projects like the 58 at Scaleybark station and about their recent Midwood Square project in Plaza Midwood.

Those townhomes should have some killer views of uptown as they slightly uphill from the apartments in the area. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, GeauxCLT said:

I drive by the Parkwood side of Thompson Mill every day and never see any activity or progress. Anyone know if construction is in progress or on target? End of 2017 isn't looking possible. 

I'm dying for more information about this too. I know they're in the process of finding tenants but not much seems to be happening on the ground (at least from the exterior). Their Facebook page is ramping up the marketing though, so that's encouraging. 

https://www.facebook.com/tompkinshallclt/

They are doing interior work every day. There is a TON of interest on both the retail and office front. Heard some interest from current Krog-street purveyors as well as lots of looks from distinguished local restaurateurs. There are tours going through the space almost daily.  Timing could be pushed back  due to construction related reasons, but it won't be for lack of tenant interest. 

I hope that there may be retail related announcements in the not so distant future. 

Edited by Crown
  • Like 3