Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

^^^ Trying to understand if that was snark?  That's what most developers business model is....developer -> sell -> use proceeds to launch next development. 

Is the heartburn that we should build American, sell American? 

More snark than intended, but snark yes ;) I understand how development has to work, but I have some malaise at the thought of 50, 100, 150 years from now will every highly populated/successful city end up having the majority of its non-owner-occupied real estate owned by an entity not based in those cities? What kind of long-term plan is that, and where's the ceiling? 

Coffee shop talk I guess.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

and here is the demo for the apartments at 25th St and Brevard, the old mill there. Just south of the Matheson bridge. 

DSCN2023.JPG

DSCN2024.JPG

New Residential building submitted to the planning department at 13th and N. Davidson. 310 Units, structured parking. Great spot for a transition from uptown to optimist park. I'm sure Birdsong is thrilled.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

New Residential building submitted to the planning department at 13th and N. Davidson. 310 Units, structured parking. Great spot for a transition from uptown to optimist park. I'm sure Birdsong is thrilled.

Just out of curiosity, where do you get details like that? I'd love to track those sort of things myself.

I'm assuming you're talking about the block situated between Davidson, Caldwell, 13th, and Belmont. I've been watching that block for a while. Real Estate Investment Corp LLC has been scooping up the remaining pieces to own the full block and it already has TOD-M zoning. White Point Paces owns the entire block just north of that one, next to the Tompkins Hall development, and that will likely become apartments too.

If Hunter ever sells his property Optimist Park will be unrecognizable with new development.

• Like 2

New rezoning for townhouses in Belmont on that strip of land on Van Every St between Seigle Ave and Harris St, right on the RR tracks.

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2017Petitions/Pages/2017-083.aspx

They are the same as the ones on Myers St/15th St. They still have garage doors facing the street. Why...

Site plan

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

In terms of scale, townhouses and a couple four-plexes would be great. In terms of basic urban design, its okay but I don't know why the parking could face towards the private streets rather than the public street.

In terms of architecture, the architect should be shot.

8 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Does anyone know where the rezoning page is for the first iteration of these townhomes on Myers St/15th St? It must be the same company but I can't find it in the rezoning archives.

I don't think there was one. That whole block is zoned R-22MF. I think it was part of master planning for that neighborhood.

Yes! So glad they kept the tree. It is giant. 

Its technically on Louise Ave, but it does span practically all the way over to Hawthorne. Not sure if they plan to have an entrance from Hawthorne as well, they probably could. 

Sorry I'm terrible with names of all these different projects but this one along with Thompkins are definitely my 2 favorites!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 0:10 PM, VTinCV said:

That building is technically Louise Mill according to historic records. They will have an entrance off of Hawthorne and two off Louise. Should be done by the end of the year.

probably called the Louise Mill because Hawthorne did not run along the backside until about the late 1930s. In 1935 the bridge under the rr was trolley only... then the trolley went up the hill toward Louise, right next to the Mill and that old oak tree.

More shots of the demo for NRP apartments at Parkwood and Brevard (the old Signs and Graphics buildings).

Then, finally seeing movement at 25th and Brevard for Wood Partners apartments (with retail on corner and Greenway connection).

Parkwood/Brevard:

20170530_182919.jpg

20170530_182905.jpg

25th/Brevard:

20170530_182753.jpg

20170530_182805.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

More shots of the demo of NRP apartments at Parkwood and Brevard (old Signs and Graphics buildings).

Then, finally seein movement at 25th and Brevard for Wood Partners apartments (with retail on corner and Greenway connection):

20170530_182919.jpg

20170530_182905.jpg

20170530_182753.jpg

20170530_182805.jpg

Its still mindboggling that these projects aren't further along, the light rail will open way before these are finished.