Optimist Park / Belmont Projects

dubone

1 minute ago, tarhoosier said:

I was going to like this but what I mean is that I like that someone follows these trends closely and is aware of the larger issues. I do not like the conclusion that it may lead to.

Elaborate my good sir.

This is your conclusion as the lead sentence of your final paragraph:

"At this rate, in about three to four years, building housing for the middle class will be very difficult."

I am glad someone (you) follows these trends in this area but I find myself disappointed in the inevitable conclusion you reach. I believe it is a valid conclusion. In a perfectly efficient market every winner must create a loser.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1

I have a friend gut renovating duplexes on harril in villa heights. The units are 2/1 and 710-730sqft. He has done a very nice job with the remodel with high end Bosch appliances and maintains them. He is asking $2000 a month for a unit and has people waiting to sign a lease before it's complete. I can't believe what the rents are in that neighborhood. You can't walk to the heart of noda and it's a pretty good walk to the blue line 

16 minutes ago, QClifer said:

I have a friend gut renovating duplexes on harril in villa heights. The units are 2/1 and 710-730sqft. He has done a very nice job with the remodel with high end Bosch appliances and maintains them. He is asking $2000 a month for a unit and has people waiting to sign a lease before it's complete. I can't believe what the rents are in that neighborhood. You can't walk to the heart of noda and it's a pretty good walk to the blue line 

A bit hard to believe since that sounds as expensive as the friggin' Vue in downtown Charlotte. With recent events and prices recently though, almost makes sense.

Were fixing up a duplex on Parkwood. Druggie comes running by our house, punching people... punching cars.... getting side-swiped on the road. At least the police response times are quick. Perfect place for the upper middle class (Not a dig at the neighborhood, I'm loving the neighborhood, but gawd the rents are getting silly.)

Edited by mazman34340

So Recess opened today, though I'm not really sure how. It felt very unfinished. Light fixtures not enclosed and in the bathroom they didn't even bother spending an extra $10 to ensure the fixtures even had enough bulbs. 

Rap music was the only thing being played and it was far too loud for what seemed like a casual hangout concept. I thought it was loud when I got there and then they nearly doubled the volume.

The food looked decent to good, but I didn't order any because it took 10 minutes to get a draft beer when there were only about 5-6 other patrons in the bar.

Overall it felt very cheaply done. Like someone had a somewhat unique concept but didn't have the money to do it right.

You can swing on a swing set sitting on uneven ground. Or play tetherball in overgrown weeds on an embankment behind the parking lot. The 4 square slab is also at the top of the constructed embankment surrounding the parking lot. Just dont play too hard or you might fall onto someone's car.

Overall, I'd give execution a D-. I give it 6 months max before it goes under.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Niner National said:

Overall, I'd give execution a D-. I give it 6 months max before it goes under.

Before ever reading your post I was going to say a year, max. I have nothing but respect for small businesses, having been involved in them, but this concept seems like it belongs in South End, where residents seem to want it to be a college party every night of the week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The lot for Alexan Highland Mill (Caldwell/Parkwood and Belmont) has been cleared, site work looks like it will begin shortly. 

I also noticed site work for CCH Highland Mill townhouses while I was inhaling my Brooks burger.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 10:59 PM, kermit said:

The lot for Alexan Highland Mill (Caldwell/Parkwood and Belmont) has been cleared, site work looks like it will begin shortly. 

I also noticed site work for CCH Highland Mill townhouses while I was inhaling my Brooks burger.

I was just driving by this lot today at Parkwood and Belmont, wondering what was going on. Are the details of this project posted yet? Did a search in this forum and google with no results. 

Edited by KulBC

35 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

2 apartment complexes at 25th St and Brevard and Brevard and Parkwood are starting to rise. 

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

It still baffles me that these didn't try to open for the opening of the Blue Line.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How do I download plans from Accela? There are approved elevations in there for Central Point that I wanted to share, but I can't figure out how to access the pdf file.

Sometimes documents aren’t able to be downloaded on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...