Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

Im sure the renderings are some what preliminary , so maybe they will lose some of the parking lots. The close proximity to Innsbrook may Benefit this project and perhaps get it in the ground. Hopefully with some changes to the design.  I also feel this is too big of a project for Boyd homes but maybe I’ll be wrong. 

3 hours ago, skinsfan said:

Im sure the renderings are some what preliminary , so maybe they will lose some of the parking lots. The close proximity to Innsbrook may Benefit this project and perhaps get it in the ground. Hopefully with some changes to the design.  I also feel this is too big of a project for Boyd homes but maybe I’ll be wrong. 

They proposed a large, similar development in New Kent a few years back so this wouldn’t be uncharacteristic. 

As far as location, this project seems more like something that would go in Chesterfield or Henrico, due to density. Hopefully Boyd will see this and propose something denser in a more suburban/urban county. I do like the concept of a large mixed use village style feel and I feel that developments that stick to this theme will help urbanize the suburbs and encourage Henrico and Chesterfield to adopt mass transit such as BRT, LRT or Commuter rail.

• Like 1

I did hit Boyds website and found out that they’re a bit larger of a developer/builder than I thought.   This is barely Hanover so maybe there won’t be too many people complaing about the project. I mean the only traffic issues would be pretty much in Henrico. And maybe a new stop light or two on 33.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Shakman said:

Residentail Development:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/07/18/builder-eyes-hundreds-homes-apartments-midlothian/

This is not my ideal type of development, but it is another indication of growth we are seeing throughout the area.

Okay, I'll bite since it's a VERY slow development news day...I actually like the designs of these homes and not that I like all the sprawl, but in a sprawling type manner, this development provides some in-fill (did I just type that!?). :sick:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shakman said:

I kind of wish that the plan to put highrises on that site didn't die, but I understand the effects the Great Recession had on the real estate market.  Besides, I would much rather see highrises downtown than in the burbs.

I have been reading a lot lately on other forums about how Short Pump could become the next Tyson's Corner.  I'm not sure I buy into that idea, but if it goes the way of Tyson's, then they will eventually have to build up.  I don't foresee that happening since all developers have to do is just spread out more westward, which will create even more unwanted sprawl.  If I had to choose though, I'd much rather see them build up rather than out.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!  Look at the  laundry list of all the developments going on in eastern Goochland County as indicated in this RTD article:

https://www.richmond.com/business/plus/goochland-county-is-becoming-a-destination-for-residential-and-commercial/article_ff99c8d2-9120-53a0-98e2-c61bbb63a297.html

There were so many developments (both residential and commercial) that I almost got tired reading it all!  As expected, the Short Pump invasion has moved west and continues to grow at an almost break-neck speed!

It's a slow economic development news day, so they are doing a round-up of already announced developments out that way.  Individually, they didn't seem so significant, but when you mention them all together in an article like this, the list just seems to go on and on and on!  In any city you will see suburban developments like this.  I just hope that the core of major businesses in the area start shifting more toward downtown as some already have.  Just think what downtown would look like if it housed all of the major suburban businesses/corporations too!  The skyline would look very different, that's for sure!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, eandslee said:

Can’t believe no one has posted this yet. Well, I’m going to because I think it’s news worthy.  Should be a huge boost to that area of town.

https://chesterfieldbusinessnews.com/2019/shamin-hotels-investing-125-million-in-chesterfield-for-new-hotels-and-conference-center/

Hopefully that development filling out will encourage an endpoint for a future Midlothian Pulse line.

• Like 1