Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

I found something interesting about the Short Pump Station shopping Center thats being built it appears not only Petco had been landed by a restaurant called Longhorn Steakhouse heres a Link to it

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:7RwwO...us&ie=UTF-8

Nice find, Joey. It's a bit dated but informative nonetheless.

I am so sick of "Short Pump" being in the cutesy name of practically every development going up out there. It's gotten to the point that I'm not sure which project is which. The latest one is typically suburban "blah", but I've already forgotten what it's to be called.

If I'm right, Petco and Longhorn Steakhouse are to be in that quardrant of West Broad Village at the western end of the development. Bah! Short Pump Station! Enough, already. :tough:

What do you mean no one caught it? I'm sure we've known about it... it is in the paper, but man how many times are there similar stories coming from Chesterfield posted here? They have a new school proposal everyday!

Also burt, I read no further...

I am so sick of "Short Pump"
:rofl:

What do you mean no one caught it? I'm sure we've known about it... it is in the paper, but man how many times are there similar stories coming from Chesterfield posted here? They have a new school proposal everyday!

Also burt, I read no further... :rofl:

Haha, I knew that would catch your attention!!

Edited by TBurban

It's not public knowledge yet - can't say.

And, indeed, if Kraft comes, CommRe, would they possibly consider downtown -- for instance as a second major tenant in the proposed "triangle" tower? :) Or do you think they would prefer Reynolds Crossing so as to be near their "former" owner's Headquarters (P/M)?

Have you heard any speculation about the situation with Cadmus? With 500 employees in Metro Richmond, might they not give serious consideration to consolidating the merged companies here?

Also burt, I read no further... :rofl:

Don't take it out of context, Cam -- it's the constant use of "Short Pump" in the name of every project that irritates me, NOT the growth and development going on out there. Though I do wish a little more architectural pazazz would manifest itself.

Don't take it out of context, Cam -- it's the constant use of "Short Pump" in the name of every project that irritates me, NOT the growth and development going on out there. Though I do wish a little more architectural pazazz would manifest itself.

Growth is good... but the growth in that area isn't really healthy, smart, sustainable (pick the word for good land use). :)

I'd rather hear more news about Gumenick's plans for redevelopment at Broad and Staples Mill ANY DAY over bland sprawl.

I know this isn't much but My dad is building the largest Indoor Baseball Facility on the East Coast. Its gonna be on my aunts 150 acres she bought for that sustainability park that was a Tobacco Warehouse at one time that I was telling you all earlier about down in Enon along route 10. There also been several other leases on the sustainability park she is renovating.

yeah It would of been nice but the guy thats running the Academy was wanting it n Enon and he also played Minor League Ball.

It's difficult to envision an indoor baseball park. Seems to me it would have to be very large. Is the one you mention, Joey, for community leagues?

I suspect the expansion of nearby Ft. Lee will translate to population growth in that section of Chesterfield.

Is there still no announcement about who will be the tenant in the Reynolds Crossing midrise?

And what is the name of the Henrico company that was reported to being "within a week" of committing to Lucky Strike Power Plant in Tobacco Row?

We hear tantalizing tidbits that get our hopes up, then nothing more.

Edited by burt

Update on Chippenham Place

Here's the full length article that mentions the 100,000 sf Kroger. It's only available in PDF format though.

IMO, here's one of the most interesting portions of the article:

Chippenham Place has already sparked development just across the city line where Centex Homes is proposing to build more than 400 new homes behind Kmart. Chippenham Square, a property that

• 2 weeks later...

There did not appear to be much (if any) progress other than land-clearing at Reynolds Crossing and West Broad Village.

Tommy, have you checked to confirm 12 stories for The Hilton at Towne Center West?

Has anyone learned who will be the tenant of the "fast-track" midrise supposedly rising at Reynolds Crossing?

There did not appear to be much (if any) progress other than land-clearing at Reynolds Crossing and West Broad Village.

Tommy, have you checked to confirm 12 stories for The Hilton at Towne Center West?

Has anyone learned who will be the tenant of the "fast-track" midrise supposedly rising at Reynolds Crossing?

I had called emailed and then called TCW about the Hilton, and never received verbal nor written conformation about the Hilton Hotel. I hope they keep it at 12 stories, it would help balance out the 13 story towers at WBV.

I had called emailed and then called TCW about the Hilton, and never received verbal nor written conformation about the Hilton Hotel. I hope they keep it at 12 stories, it would help balance out the 13 story towers at WBV.

In the recent rather unflattering Style story about Greater Richmond Convention Center, the Hotel

Czar (Mr. Patel?) whose local hotel empire encompasses 18 properties said that he was building an 8-story Hilton in Short Pump. I was hoping that Style got that wrong.

:)

Edited by burt

Reynolds Crossing Update:

There is a sign showing the rendering of Reynolds Crossing One is up. The building will may only be 70,000 at 4-stories, but I like the curved glass facade. Delivery will be Spring of 2008.

Westin Hotel is s-l-o-w-l-y rising; one CMU course at a time.

The mid-rise being built next to the Westin is underway. It may look like land clearing but, utilities and grading have been ongoing. Also, additional equipment (foundation related) has arrived onsite.