Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

There was a huge story today in the Times Dispatch about Towne Center West. It said how they were going to be putting apartments on top of retail space and they had a rendering of retail space as well as renderings of The Hilton Hotel and the Ethan Allen Store that will be there. Also they had a rendering of Short Pump Station. I also found out the developer doing the Towne Center West Development is looking to buy land in henrico west of Short Pump. The company donig this development is The Breeden Company. They also mentioned that the Hilton in Towne Center West will begin in Summer of 07 and will be 254 Rooms. They also mentinoed that Short Pump Station would have 25 Stores and 86,000 SF of retail space. They said Site work is 90 Percent complete and should start the building process very soon.

I am well pleased and excited for White Oak Village... all these villages these days... I can't seem to find a working link to the story but so far it'll have Sam's Club, Lowes, JC Penney, Target, and the Ukrop's will move across the street.

Thanks Burt! It kept giving me some error message and I couldn't get the story up at all.

Now if only we could get a Circuit City... Best Buy may follow. California Kitchen... a Chik-Fil-A... that's my wish list for starters. On a good day, it's a 8 minute drive, about the same time it takes to get downtown. I still wish something like this could be announced for downtown... new shops, new hope, and CC better think of a downtown flagship... and have a Wards sign out.

If I think what you think the mystery site is, there's ground and foundation work going on. Had to drive my Nana over there yesterday to an appt. There's tons of expanding going on in that area. The rendering of the Bon Secours Building on Glenside @ Forest Hill looks nice.

Henrico Plaza is finally demolsihing a portion of its vacant stores, at least according to the sign on the fence. How is this shopping center being left behind while everything else is building up? But it looks like they may be advertising at least...

http://www.nrdc.com/property.php?pid=180

And Sunday I took a drive into northeastern Henrico... Henrico has TONS of undeveloped land in the east and some of it is for sale. I'd still like to see Elko balance Short Pump being about the same junctions. But there's also Civil War battlefields that aren't marked as such other than roadside markers. They should be preserved... (although one in particular has the 64/295 interchange right smack in the middle).

Henrico Plaza is finally demolsihing a portion of its vacant stores, at least according to the sign on the fence. How is this shopping center being left behind while everything else is building up? But it looks like they may be advertising at least...

http://www.nrdc.com/property.php?pid=180

And Sunday I took a drive into northeastern Henrico... Henrico has TONS of undeveloped land in the east and some of it is for sale. I'd still like to see Elko balance Short Pump being about the same junctions. But there's also Civil War battlefields that aren't marked as such other than roadside markers. They should be preserved... (although one in particular has the 64/295 interchange right smack in the middle).

That would be Savage Station.

That shopping center has been doomed for a while. I was surprised to see a few vacant buidings in that area filled with chains, though. Perhaps there will be a bit of a revival and they can fill in the land once used by that decaying plaza.

That would be Savage Station.

Yes! And I can't believe they put a GIANT interchange there. I went out today following the old Williamsburg Rd and once again, I love my country drives... in Henrico of all places. The old roads and the history... the smell of the local flora... and the cool spring air... aaaaaah....

I hope they will revitalize Henrico Plaza maybe even with a theater? Mixed use? It looks like Fairfield Commons may have new out parcels that look handsome. They need more to take up that unused sea of asphalt.