Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

Anyone ever hear of a condo project near Osborne Landing? There's a site kind of cleared off at the bend where Osborne becomes Kingsland. One guy at the Intermediate Terminal told me they were building condo towers out there... but that doesn't sound right. I think he was confusing something with Echo Harbour since he mentioned problems with the height, and renderings in the paper...

Any ideas?

I work at Innsbrook. I was chasing Three Chopt or what's left of it. I even took a drive in Goochland during my lunch break, hoping the deer wouldn't jump out in the road.

And speaking of Innsbrook... I have a question about the article. If they want it to be more mixed use where people would live, work, etc like a New Urbanist development, and they mentioned walking to work, who is going to relocate from their home to be where they work? Will companies start building homes for their workers? Should that be a path to taken even? And is downtown really THAT bad compared to Innsbrook?

• 3 weeks later...

Town Center West must be coming along faster than some of us thought.

Gregg Gilligan at the RTD says that Richmond Piano which has occupied space at 3133 West Cary Street for 25 years has decided it needs more space and will move to the current Ethan Allen Furniture Company building at 10300 West Broad just west of Gaskins Road.

Ethan Allen will be taking up residence at Town Center West "later in the fall" they say.

I think our scout, Tommy, is on vacation, but I'm sure he'll bring us up to date on suburban progress in the Short Pump region when he returns.

Gregg Gilligan at the RTD says that Richmond Piano which has occupied space at 3133 West Cary Street for 25 years has decided it needs more space and will move to the current Ethan Allen Furniture Company building at 10300 West Broad just west of Gaskins Road.

Ethan Allen will be taking up residence at Town Center West "later in the fall" they say.

I think our scout, Tommy, is on vacation, but I'm sure he'll bring us up to date on suburban progress in the Short Pump region when he returns.

The Ethan Allen construction plans have been into the county at least once... so if they have started building it is off the old layout which was done with only one entrance... Ethan Allen wants a second.

Short Pump Station, WBV, TCW and the overpass construction are all in full swing. I'll see if I can't swing in some pictures when I go to sptc this afternoon. :thumbsup:

A completely renovated Henrico Theatre on Nine Mile Road in Highland Springs is set to open in October of 2007.

In fact, if you're proficient in the field, take note:

JOB OPENING - Henrico Theatre Site Manager/Recreation Coordinator II.

"Position manages the operation of and activities and programming for Henrico Theatre, a newly renovated facility opening in October 2007 which includes a 400-seat theatre and reception room. "

This will be the equivalent of Glen Allen Performing Arts Center near Mountain Road.

College dgree and experience in the entertainment field preferred.

If interested apply to: www.henricojobs.com - the position number is 0601-0189 and is titled Recreation Coordinator II/Theatre Site manager. Job listing closes July 8th at midnight.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking there was a separate thread for Reynold's Crossing, but if there is, I can't find it.

Is fast-track work going on at the "mystery" site, and has anyone heard who the tenant will be?

Did anyone ever learn who the "mystery" site belongs to at Reynolds Crossing? What's the status of construction out there?

And how about Gumenick's Staples Mill Road little city? Any action there?

Did anyone ever learn who the "mystery" site belongs to at Reynolds Crossing? What's the status of construction out there?

And how about Gumenick's Staples Mill Road little city? Any action there?

Westin: Steel has started upto the top level (7th floor).

"Mystery" Site: The exterior walls for the sub level(s) is continuing. The caisson installation is complete. (Will there be a separate parking garage?)

Reynolds Crossing I - (Bon Secure Site): Foundation prep work is well underway.

Bon Secure Cardiovascular Center: Renovation and expansion has F-I-N-A-L-L-Y started.

Westin: Steel has started upto the top level (7th floor).

"Mystery" Site: The exterior walls for the sub level(s) is continuing. The caisson installation is complete. (Will there be a separate parking garage?)

Reynolds Crossing I - (Bon Secure Site): Foundation prep work is well underway.

Bon Secure Cardiovascular Center: Renovation and expansion has F-I-N-A-L-L-Y started.

Thanks Shak. But whio IS the mystery tenant, and is it still on "fast track'?

I do not know. Speaking of fast track, not much progress on site as compared to two weeks ago.

It's strange that there was enough teasing several months ago about a "secret" company asking Henrico for fast-track construction approval, whicn apparently was granted, but now nobody knows what's going on.

Wonder why, if there was any truth to the early reports, it is being held under such tight wraps. And what's even more amazing is that no one has blabbed! :lol:

Ugh. What a wonderful suburban hell they are creating down there. Between the Branner Station and Roseland projects, Chesterfield may be looking at 10,000 new homes. I don't think they will be able to resist to be honest. They talk about bringing in business and smart growth but I think they've grown addicted to these ginormous sprawling developments and the shot of money they bring in.

Chesterfield to consider home development

Ugh. What a wonderful suburban hell they are creating down there. Between the Branner Station and Roseland projects, Chesterfield may be looking at 10,000 new homes. I don't think they will be able to resist to be honest. They talk about bringing in business and smart growth but I think they've grown addicted to these ginormous sprawling developments and the shot of money they bring in.

Chesterfield meet Ford's Colony 1 and Fords Colony 2.

It sounds like a flood of housing is on the horizon, but a lot of the planning is spread out over a decade. In addition to the 10,000 proposed in east and west Chesterfield, let us not forget Rocketts Landing, Wilton, Tree Hill and Curles Neck, not to mention proposed projects in Prince George and elsewhere in the Tri Cities region. And even around Ashland.

The total probably exceeds 20,000 new residential units beteween now and 2020.

Ginormous! Haha someone just bought a new dictionary!

Burt, I doubt this was a praise of housing developments. Chesterfield is like a growing child whose clothes never fit... and the parents struggle to buy new clothes that fit or are a few sizes larger.

I don't see anything going on at Curles Neck for a long time.

It amazes me (well, not really) how Chesterfield complains that it doesn't have enough $$$ to keep the infrastructure and schools adequately provided for, yet they hardly ever put the brakes on ANY residential projects, large or small, regardless of opposition from residents and the planning commission.

Burt, there's more than 10,000 homes planned in Chesterfield, only counting the mega projects. Don't forget about Magnolia Green which will add at least 4,000 more at buildout.

Edited by wrldcoupe4

Wait a sec on the stats. The Branner Station project is going to call for a maximum of 4,868 units on 1,614 acres with some planned for nature parks, schools, retail and etc. The Roseland project is going to add 5,140 units in western Chesterfield. Add those up and you get 10,008 units max, to be exact. Branner Station was once projected to add more but scaled down due to concerns over traffic, schools, overcrowding...

And the developers call for 72 miles of road to be built for Branner Station, but the county has to fork some money to build the remaining 56 miles of road. However with the county grappling for money, I think they might need to wait, but the Planning Commission has deferred the project for 30 days (Roseland for 60). But that is going to be a motherload of development going on. :rolleyes:

Wait a sec on the stats. The Branner Station project is going to call for a maximum of 4,868 units on 1,614 acres with some planned for nature parks, schools, retail and etc. The Roseland project is going to add 5,140 units in western Chesterfield. Add those up and you get 10,008 units max, to be exact. Branner Station was once projected to add more but scaled down due to concerns over traffic, schools, overcrowding...

And the developers call for 72 miles of road to be built for Branner Station, but the county has to fork some money to build the remaining 56 miles of road. However with the county grappling for money, I think they might need to wait, but the Planning Commission has deferred the project for 30 days (Roseland for 60). But that is going to be a motherload of development going on. :rolleyes:

ODU, as Coupe points out, at least 4000 units are planned, at buildout, for Magnolia Green in the far northwestern reaches of Chesterfield which would bring the county's stats up to 14,000+.

The proposed path for Powhite Pkwy would probably sweep near Magnolia Green and end somewhere near Banner Station.

Of course all of this Chesterfield talk, so far, is just that -- talk.