Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

See this pdf fr a brief snippet that gives an idea of where the first Powhite expansion will go.

http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/news/2007/0704/PDF/

Thanks for the link Coupe. The problem is that Chesterfield needs this to built NOW, not ten more years down the road. The traffic is getting so bad out that way that I can't believe people still want to live out there! The widening of 360 will help though. Just think what the traffic will be like when Magnolia Green is built all the way out! :shok:

I imagine Henrico would round out the top 5 with its nearly 300k?

Im not surprised that only one city made this list, and Virginia Beach barely scratches the surface as a city in my mind... Richmond would do itself a lot of favors to get that many people back into the city proper...

ODU, as Coupe points out, at least 4000 units are planned, at buildout, for Magnolia Green in the far northwestern reaches of Chesterfield which would bring the county's stats up to 14,000+.

The proposed path for Powhite Pkwy would probably sweep near Magnolia Green and end somewhere near Banner Station.

Of course all of this Chesterfield talk, so far, is just that -- talk.

OK, I get it, burt, but does US 60 and 360 pass through Branner Station and Magnolia Green? Just another consideration. I know Chesterfield County is growing, but the process has been moderate so far, the developments will take several, perhaps ten years to build out. One more question, is Magnolia Green a planned mixed use development?

Second, VDOT is controlling a portion of Powhite Parkway, so any extensions that Chesterfield wants has to be approved by VDOT in advance. The Richmond Metropolitan Authority controls the other portion of Powhite, north of Chippenham Parkway.

Thanks for the link Coupe. The problem is that Chesterfield needs this to built NOW, not ten more years down the road. The traffic is getting so bad out that way that I can't believe people still want to live out there! The widening of 360 will help though. Just think what the traffic will be like when Magnolia Green is built all the way out! :shok:

If they'd just stop building so much so fast they wouldn't have a traffic issue.

While driving to a friend's house today off Forest Hill past Chippenham, I thought of this... I am so glad we annexed in 1970... imagine how small we'd be without that chunk of Chesterfield.

Edited by Cadeho

OK, I get it, burt, but does US 60 and 360 pass through Branner Station and Magnolia Green? Just another consideration. I know Chesterfield County is growing, but the process has been moderate so far, the developments will take several, perhaps ten years to build out. One more question, is Magnolia Green a planned mixed use development?

Second, VDOT is controlling a portion of Powhite Parkway, so any extensions that Chesterfield wants has to be approved by VDOT in advance. The Richmond Metropolitan Authority controls the other portion of Powhite, north of Chippenham Parkway.

:unsure: The proposed route of a complete Powhite Pkway surprised me because I had thought it would end in western Chesterfierld at 360. I have been unable to bring up the pdf Coupe posted, but he says it will go through Magnolia Green. And from diagrams I have seen in ads for Chesdin Landing, it will continue south and eastward from US 360 and end up way over on the eastern side of Chesterfield not far from Banner Station at I-95. Sounds like a very ambitious undertaking to me.

Coupe, do you know if Magnolia Green will be a mixed use community?

Burt, try this link:

http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/news/2...PDF/page_03.pdf

Lower Magnolia Green (being developed by Magnolia Green Development) wouldn't have much mixed use. Upper Magnolia Green (being developed by Sal Cangiano) will have more commercial space, but I'm not sure how it would interact with the housing.

Rezoning is sought for Tree Hill Farm property. It will include 2770 housing units and construction, pending Henrico approval, could begin in 2009 with build-out in 10 years. A Charette was held in November to help plan the large community half a mile down river from Rocketts Landing. From today's inRich:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/news....07-23-0135.html

Believe it or not but in the Metro Business Section there is gonna be yet another Hotel in Short Pump. Its gonna be a Six Story Sierra Suites. It will have 134 Rooms. It will be built next to Dicks Sporting Goods and across the walkway from Bakers Crust Cafe.

Edited by Downtowner

Believe it or not but in the Metro Business Section there is gonna be yet another Hotel in Short Pump. Its gonna be a Six Story Sierra Suites. It will have 134 Rooms. It will be built next to Dicks Sporting Goods and across the walkway from Bakers Crust Cafe.

Good find...here's a picture:

Hotel Picture

That's the space beside Dick's that I had always wondered about. It was left conspicuously open yet unlandscaped since the mall opened. Don't know whether I would recommend that out-of-town clients stay in the hotel "in the mall."

I guess that is about as 'mixed-use' as I could expect that space to be...

That's the space beside Dick's that I had always wondered about. It was left conspicuously open yet unlandscaped since the mall opened. Don't know whether I would recommend that out-of-town clients stay in the hotel "in the mall."

TBurban (Tommy) is off on another vacation, but he knew about the proposed hotel at SPTC and talked about it here quite a while ago.

Rumor has it that The National Enquirer is printing a story about Cam booking a room on opening night so that he can browse through all the swank shops at SPTC and get ideas for his upcoming east end projects.

inRich, the TD's online service, is just lousy, IMO. If this story about the Short Pump Town Center hotel was up, I sure didn't find it. They waste so much space printing the same story twice maybe there's none left over for other news.

And trying to find anything about RBraves Saturday night games on Sundays is next to impossible. Monday's (last) night's winning game against Toledo was burried, though I did find it today (Toledo took the game that had been delayed by a bomb threat on Sunday, but Richmond won the scheduled game).

Greg Gilligan's weekly column wasn't up yesterday. Maybe he's on vacation. Almost all the retail news I post comes from his stories.

Thanks for telling us about the new hotel, Joey.