Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

Sam's Club... if that is a Wal-Mart, can they co-exist that close to each other?

I wouldn't say this is exactly turning into Short Pump, however, I was referring to Drybridge out near the White Oak Tech Pk which I can really see as an eastern version if it were at Rt 60 and I-295 and along I-64. It's almost an identical setup, both at interchanges with 64 and 295, both about the same distance from downtown, both near other county borders.

Won't Tree Hill Farm and Rocketts (county portion) be East End's version of West Broad Village?

Won't Tree Hill Farm and Rocketts (county portion) be East End's version of West Broad Village?

No, better! Those are the real thing!

But what I mean is balancing Henrico's development geographically. It's bound to happen and seems like small steps occuring now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy for those who wanted the Red Lobster... I have nothing against Red Lobster, I've only been like two times. Remember I don't eat out, I always take out... but hey if they have curbside... I want a California Kitchen and a Chik-Fil-A!

• 2 weeks later...

Henrico has given the green light to private contractors to build a Gayton Road extension from West Broad to Tommy's neighborhood near Shady Grove and Pouncy Tract Roads. I thought it was supposed to include an interchange with I-64, but apparently not.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/news/...09-26-0183.html

Thank goodness. That'll be the next quickest route to the Gayton Crossing area. It's such a hassle to hop on 295, then 64 to go 2 exits, too far out of my way. I hope this relieves traffic at Shady Grove/Pouncey Tract as much as I think it will, it's already a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Completion is slated for winter 2007 on the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott on Gaskins. At 6 stories, it's located in the same shopping center/office park as the new Cracker Barrel. They are in the exterior painting and interior phase, with an opening late this year.

The lot at the corner of Cox and W. Broad (opposite the shops at Innsbrook) at the entrance of Innsbrook has trees bordered with what looks like construction tape. Rumor has it the lot will be turned into a hotel/office development, and that the trees roped off will stay. Anyone have any details?

The lot at the corner of Cox and W. Broad (opposite the shops at Innsbrook) at the entrance of Innsbrook has trees bordered with what looks like construction tape. Rumor has it the lot will be turned into a hotel/office development, and that the trees roped off will stay. Anyone have any details?

In reference to that, I made a map of the site.. a little extra time on my hands tonight ;)

63742403jd0.png

In reference to that, I made a map of the site.. a little extra time on my hands tonight ;)

63742403jd0.png

I believe this is the site that the RTD reported on this morning as where the new Silver Dollar Diner will be. I left the paper at home and couldn't find the article online, so I couldn't confirm the info. I do remember them saying it was in front of where the 7-Eleven is now, so it sounds like the right spot.

63742403jd0.png

Tommy, what is that u-shaped building in the lower right near Hampton Inn? I think it is a hotel; I drove by on my last visit to Innsbrook, but it had no identifying sign whatsoever. For that matter, I don't recall Hampton Inn having signage along Innslake Drive, either.

The Silver Dollar Diner, as pointed out by nhughes, will be in your high-lighted area.

Edited by burt

Tommy, what is that u-shaped building in the lower right near Hampton Inn? I think it is a hotel; I drove by on my last visit to Innsbrook, but it had no identifying sign whatsoever. For that matter, I don't recall Hampton Inn having signage along Innslake Drive, either.

The Silver Dollar Diner, as pointed out by nhughes, will be in your high-lighted area.

The u-shaped tower is just an office building..I think it's around 4/5 stories.

I'm excited about the diner..nhughes, do you have anymore information on it? If it's anything like the diners back on long island, it'll be awesome.

Yeah, that's the only thing I know about it. I remember going to Silver Diner when I was visiting friends that were living in NoVA quite some time back.

try this on for size... and if you dont love the place I would be shocked... it is an experience unto itself...

http://www.silverdiner.com/

Blue Plate specials are back in STYLE!

• 4 weeks later...