Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

JB - I assume you meant down on Hull... I found the Woodlands project on the Chesterfield County planning website. I couldn't find any diagrams/plans for the site, or dates, but comments from the Utilities department review mentions "Costco" several times. So whatever plans they are reviewing at least has a Costco building on it. I'm a little hopeful/anxious. I would gladly dump my Sam's club membership for Costco.

Here's the county link to the project review:

http://chesterfield.gov/planreview/queryca...mp;comments=All

The Woodlands is currently under contract. If the sale goes through then it makes it more likely that Costco could be in the tenant mix for the commercial portion of the development. That would be a great boost to the Midlothian corridor. I imagine they'd close the location on Hull Street opting to build a larger one at Chesterfield towne Center, but perhaps we'd end up with two on Southside.

I think there bringing equiptment on site for the new BJ's Wholesale at Starling Drive across to Regency and next to Disco Sports. I cant wait for this BJ's to open. I like BJ's alot more than Sams and Costco. Plus I wont have to fight Costco with people trying to run over you with their basket and acting like they are the only ones shopping in the store.

I think there bringing equiptment on site for the new BJ's Wholesale at Starling Drive across to Regency and next to Disco Sports. I cant wait for this BJ's to open. I like BJ's alot more than Sams and Costco. Plus I wont have to fight Costco with people trying to run over you with their basket and acting like they are the only ones shopping in the store.

I think the BJ's shoppers are just more laid back because the prices aren't very good, so there's no reason to be in a rush.

Construction has been ongoing for this project, but I have not seen it posted here. Please see attached link for Hancock Village, along the Hull St corridor:

http://www.taylorlongproperties.com/pdfs/Hancock-Village.pdf

Also... An inrich article on renovation work for Chesterfield Towne Center:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/busines...02-20-0057.html

Edited by Shakman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-co...03-09-0275.html

I can't help but laugh when residents of a suburban sprawl subdivision complain about more suburban sprawl. The same thing happened at Hampton Park in Chesterfield. The folks that moved in, assumed that there would be no further growth and were having a cow when they realized they were only a stepping stone to the newest section. Now, we have folks that live in Wyndham worried that the next section will bring newer, bigger houses, additional traffic and more depedancy on services and amenities. Gee. That sounds like the arguments I heard from residents who owned farms on Nuckols Road and folks that had old houses on Pouncy Tract Road before it was an 8-lane parking lot.

It appears something is under construction on Mechanicsville Turnpike at the Oak Hill Shopping Center (where Food Lion & Big Lots is located near I-64 & US 360). A pad site of some kind, but I haven't seen any signs indicated what it'll be. A few years back, Advance Auto Parts built a pad site there in addition to one further up 360 in Mechanicsville. And an Auto Zone is just east of Laburnum on 360, so perhaps a fast food place? Maybe?

If this is right, it'll be a car wash.

PLAN OF DEVELOPMENT

POD-27-07

QQ Express Carwash @ Oak Hill Plaza Shopping Center - 3025 Mechanicsville Turnpike

Potts, Minter & Associates, P.C. for Bubble Wash III, LLC: Request for approval of a plan of development, as required by Chapter 24, Section 24-106 of the Henrico County Code, to construct a one-story, 3,000 square foot automatic carwash. The 0.99-acre site is located on an outparcel in the existing Oak Hill Plaza Shopping Center, on the east line of Mechanicsville Turnpike (U.S. Route 360) approximately 500 feet south of Harvie Road on parcels 801-732-2625 and 1911. The zoning is B-3C, Business District (Conditional). County water and sewer. (Fairfield)

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/planning/2007/may07pod.htm

If this is right, it'll be a car wash.

PLAN OF DEVELOPMENT

POD-27-07

QQ Express Carwash @ Oak Hill Plaza Shopping Center - 3025 Mechanicsville Turnpike

Potts, Minter & Associates, P.C. for Bubble Wash III, LLC: Request for approval of a plan of development, as required by Chapter 24, Section 24-106 of the Henrico County Code, to construct a one-story, 3,000 square foot automatic carwash. The 0.99-acre site is located on an outparcel in the existing Oak Hill Plaza Shopping Center, on the east line of Mechanicsville Turnpike (U.S. Route 360) approximately 500 feet south of Harvie Road on parcels 801-732-2625 and 1911. The zoning is B-3C, Business District (Conditional). County water and sewer. (Fairfield)

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/planning/2007/may07pod.htm

That's it. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Two more hotels are now under construction near RIC. There is a Hapton Inn going up in the same complex as the new Holiday Inn and the other hotel. Also, ground has been broken for the Candlewood Suites off of Audobon (spelling?).

Auduban audubon audabon.... it changes every week with the owners... my firm is doing the engineering work, Ill let you know what it is this week.

There were renderings in the paper they other day of this hospital. I will probably start going to this hospital instead of Henrico Doctors on Forest or Saint Mary's. West Creek is right down the road from me on Patterson so its much closer for me.

I have also read that St. Francis, Henrico Doctor's and St. Mary's will also be expanding. I will try to find the article.