Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

4 hours ago, Wahoo 07 said:

360-unit development eyed in Innsbrook; Varina events venue hearing delayed - Richmond BizSense

A new development in Innsbrook.  More people and density in western Henrico increases the chance that the Pulse gets extended to Short Pump, so this is a good thing.  

100% agreed. If projects like these continue filling in western Henrico and further boosting density, PULSE to Short Pump is almost a given.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

Probably the area’s largest hotel developer is facing foreclosure of one of his Short Pump hotels.   A few of his previously planned hotels are on hold, so this is a sad sign. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/12/23/shamins-short-pump-hilton-headed-to-receivership-foreclosure/

It sounds like it is more that one lender that is an issue.  With the rest of the lenders being patient hopefully Shamin will be able to get back to work once things return somewhat to normal.

• Like 3

Sad to hear the plan for a larger hotel here was abandoned, but glad the developer shifted gears and adapted to the changing housing/hospitality landscape and are moving forward with residential instead.  Amusing/interesting anecdote:  my wife and I had our wedding reception at this location back when it was a Holiday Inn with a conference center (April 1998). Everything else was booked so this was the only choice we had left for a location we could find on such short notice (we got married only 4 months after I proposed).

Article with renderings:

https://richmond.com/business/apartments-now-planned-for-former-west-broad-street-hotel-property/article_66f02bc7-a17b-5153-a58b-b5fef9794be5.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, blake_p said:

New apartment building are starting to rise at the old Sears at Regency Square Mall.

IMG_0165.thumb.jpg.deb5323c580a2240d784a96c149b8f20.jpg

IMG_0166.thumb.jpg.284c5c87b19a81bff65658bc49e59e80.jpg

The new entrance by McCormicks and Surge looks close to being complete.

IMG_0169.thumb.jpg.99c7543aca388e4dcbd1643371af5c1c.jpg

I really hope that the Regency redevelopment works as anticipated.  That area could use a shot of life.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, Brent114 said:

It will be the 5th ABC store along the route.  

Even as a guaranteed monopoly,  they are surprisingly always very ahead of the market. New store in Carytown Exchange, City View Marketplace etc.

Edited by whw53

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

From Richmond BizSense:  Henrico Board of Supervisors positions Best Products property for GreenCity.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/02/01/henrico-county-positions-best-products-site-for-greencity-deal/

The Convention Center and Diamond should get relocated to Green City.  What the heck.  The State Capital should relocate there as well.

Edited by Shakman
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...