Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

9 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Chesterfield is also beefing up in the western part of the county as well. Rezoning for a new tech park - and a new large residential development - along the proposed route of the Powhite Parkway extension.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/12/14/1700-acre-tech-park-among-proposed-uses-for-chesterfield-site/

Richmond-Upper-Magnolia.png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, eandslee said:

And some more good news, this time coming from Chesterfield - 300 new jobs coming with a Israeli plastic factory looking to set up shop in the area.  Great news!

https://richmond.com/business/plastic-manufacturing-plant-to-open-in-chesterfield-creating-more-than-300-jobs/article_86f78f11-5c9c-5496-80da-543665425b86.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

An Israeli company that makes plastic houseware, garden storage and toy products sold at major retailers plans to open a manufacturing plant and distribution center in Chesterfield County.

Starplast USA plans to invest $17.7 million to take over an existing 228,000-square-foot facility at 2101 Bermuda Hundred Road east of Interstate 95 for its operations.

The plant should be operational in March and eventually employ more than 300 people within three years, a company spokesperson said. About 100 workers should be hired in the first year of operation.

Starplast opened its first U.S. manufacturing plant in Houston in 2018, which allowed it to respond to the needs of major U.S. retailers that sell its products including Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Home Depot...

Fantastic news! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chesterfield gets on the board with the first announcement of new suburban development of 2022.  Density coming to the area near Chesterefield Towne Center.

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/01/14/c-ville-developer-planning-nearly-500-apartments-at-midlothian-site/

MallDriveApts3.jpg

MallDriveApts1.jpg

Screenshot (557).jpg

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 4

The site of the old Richmond Dragway has sold to out-of-down real estate investors. I wonder if this might be the first domino to fall in some density coming to the eastern side of the airport just outside of the 295 beltway?

Oh - for those of us old enough to remember (and those of us who were living here a few decades ago) - who can EVER forget the absolutely ridiculously cheesy TV commercials promoting upcoming events at the dragway? The refrain that opened EVERY spot - in that over-hyped, over-modulated, semi-wrestler type of "radio" voice - belting out - "SATURDAY NIGHT... AT RRRRICHMOND DRAGWAY..."   and the cheesier than cheesy rhythm track underneath, complete with the rhythmic clanging of a cowbell. It was an RVA CLASSIC. :tw_joy:

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/01/19/richmond-dragway-crosses-finish-line-with-3m-sale-to-real-estate-investor/

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, I miss RVA said:

Sale of a pair of office buildings in Innsbrook right before the end of the year slipped past most radar screens -- and has popped up in today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/01/25/sale-of-innsbrook-buildings-for-21m-sign-of-active-local-office-market/

There was some good commercial real estate/office news that came out of that article. Sounds like the Richmond market is fairing pretty well with all things considered.  Actually, looks like the Richmond market is stronger than most well-known and larger markets!  Certainly, Richmond is not only catching the attention of people moving to the area, but also businesses/companies wanting to expand or move to the area!  It was comforting to read. 

• Like 3

Henrico BOS approved rezoning for the big Avenlea project in the far far western end of the county right at the Goochland-Henrico county line. ALSO - Eagle Construction is requesting rezoning from the Goochland BOS for a smaller but still significant residential development immediately across the county line from where Avenlea will be built.

So big doin's near Short Pump and points west.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/02/02/henrico-supervisors-ok-1600-home-avenlea-development-in-short-pump/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DowntownCoruscant said:

Within that story is confirmation the Gayton Road interchange with I-64 will be happening. That’s good news. Also, I don’t think this is feasible anymore but it sure would be nice if I-295 terminated with local access rather than onto 64. Would definitely relieve some traffic constraints.

Sadly, I think it’s supposed to be a diverging diamond. 

21 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Wow - I think some readers/commenters over there have stopped taking their meds recently.

I’ve got no skin in any debate over there, but it looks like one dude dominating the discussion.

At any rate, progress can be painful. Every development out there means a fairly beautiful untouched area is no longer. I get it, and I have no meaningful objection to it. But that scene of quaint Sunday drives is long just a memory, never to return.

/wistfulness

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Icetera said:

The Gayton interchange?  If so excellent, as DDIs are great and I would love to see more in the region!

Yeah . I’m not a fan.  They incorporate more unnecessary stoplights which I feel hurts traffic flow. If they would incorporate a right on red, than maybe.  I’m a fan of the traditional cloverleaf. 

• Like 2