Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

55 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Depending on whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can watch out-of-market games even now. There are free streaming apps specifically geared to watch (admittedly 'bootleg') streamed NFL games for free, if you're looking for a workaround.

Yes I use one but it’s always freezing up or way behind on the actual game. Do you know of any that keeps up with real-time or that doesn’t freeze as much? I have Verizon fios and we have the mid grade package of tv and internet but it’s always freezing no matter where I’m at or what speed of internet it is. Its why I’m just ready for nfl Sunday ticket to come aboard because the bootleg services seem to always give me issues and I’m always behind. Someone scores a touchdown before I even get to see it on the stream. Any good places you know to watch out of market games?

2 hours ago, Downtowner said:

Yes I use one but it’s always freezing up or way behind on the actual game. Do you know of any that keeps up with real-time or that doesn’t freeze as much? I have Verizon fios and we have the mid grade package of tv and internet but it’s always freezing no matter where I’m at or what speed of internet it is. Its why I’m just ready for nfl Sunday ticket to come aboard because the bootleg services seem to always give me issues and I’m always behind. Someone scores a touchdown before I even get to see it on the stream. Any good places you know to watch out of market games?

Check your DM (PM?) - messages... :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA

Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors are set to vote tomorrow night (Thursday) on an updated land-use plan for the area around the River City Sportsplex just southeast of the 288 beltway and Powhite Parkway interchange. 

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/21/vote-scheduled-on-land-use-plan-for-area-around-river-city-sportsplex/

genito1.png

genito2.png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

While residents in what should be one of the densest neighborhoods in Richmond are complaining about density,  residents in Bellwood are complaining the new development at Bellwood Flea Market isn't dense enough.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-county/chesterfield-aims-to-revitalize-route-1-but-where-are-the-businesses/

WOW! Can we trade residents?

Here's what's there now vs what is planned vs what the county has originally called for in their vision for the district:

Screenshot (2283).png

Screenshot (2284).png

Chesterfield.jpg

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, rancenc said:

Very glad to see Ashland and Hanover benefitting from the rising economic tide that the RVA metro has been riding. Gotta keep this roll going and bring more businesses and jobs to the metro region!

• Like 3

Henrico Plaza project continues... with now PVC pipes sticking out of the ground. I also wanted to mention, there's TONS of Chesterfield projects that going rather unnoticed us.

Also while I was out, I noticed there was a small T crane on the campus of St Mary's hospital, and the apartment development in Laurel is already vertical.

• Like 4

Great story in today's RBS.  Better Housing Coalition is breaking ground on an addition to Winchester Greens. The $45 million development  will make available 160 income-based apartments in Bensley Park. I'm always heartened when I see affordable housing options being developed along with market-rate housing as Richmond continues to boom. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/30/better-housing-coalition-breaks-ground-on-45m-addition-to-winchester-greens-campus/

WF-2.png

WF-Site-Plan.png

Screenshot (2301).png

Screenshot (2300).png

• Like 3

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens are expanding with the purchase of the Lakeside Baptist Church property (located next door). The church -- which shuttered during the pandemic and after reconstituting in the wake of Covid came back with a much smaller congregation and moved to a smaller church building. The sale was initiated by the church, so it was definitely beneficial to both parties.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/30/lewis-ginter-to-expand-with-1-9m-deal-to-buy-adjacent-land/

• Like 3

On 9/30/2022 at 12:51 PM, I miss RVA said:

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens are expanding with the purchase of the Lakeside Baptist Church property (located next door). The church -- which shuttered during the pandemic and after reconstituting in the wake of Covid came back with a much smaller congregation and moved to a smaller church building. The sale was initiated by the church, so it was definitely beneficial to both parties.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/30/lewis-ginter-to-expand-with-1-9m-deal-to-buy-adjacent-land/

This looks like such a win-win-win for everyone: Church, Lewis Ginter, Richmond public. Very happy to see what they do with the new space.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/10/05/six-story-apartment-building-planned-beside-willow-lawn-on-city-county-line/

Some more Willow Lawn infill.   That area is becoming quite the density outpost.  

Nice.  Now there's interest on the other side of the Willow Lawn.  As I mentioned before, as density increases around Willow Lawn, hoping the retail portion gets interest for redevelopment into a dense urban center.

• Like 3

A bunch of people piling up on the city boarder bodes well for Richmond.  The next best thing to hundreds of new people in the city is hundreds of new people just a few feet from the city .   Soon enough Richmond will be built out from Scott’s Additon to the Broad /I64 interchange. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

I agree.  You could easily fit two Apartment complexes with ground floor retail here:

image.thumb.png.48e13eef6744b34e123a4e83e7a2c7bd.png

Now add a GRTC/Public parking deck into the mix and you have a great commuter destination for transitioning from West End to the City.

• Like 2