Wachovia South Tryon Projects

Southend

^^^I must agree. Even though like everyone else I'm excited to see a major project happening, I am decidedly underwhelmed by the pic so far.

If the tower is built as in the pic, it will be a huge wasted opportunity to build an icon, something for people now and in the future to enjoy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I third that motion, the tower looks a bit generic, yet "futuristic" to me too. It would be good for the skyline in my opinion as it would help tie in TTT and the Vue a little better as well as bring more color into the skyline. The design itself does not thrill me and I do not like the 'handle' idea at all. Hopefully the condo tower won't be a mini-me also.

Well we really need to wait for an official rendering, all we have so far is a drawing taken by a camera phone. But at the least, this tower will add color (no biege), variety, and height to our skyline.

Anywho, some more pics of our big hole :)

11-05-06

From the Westin

large.jpg

The AACC side of Tryon....

large.jpg

....and the tower side.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Does anyone know the official height of the Observer? We may be able to figure out how deep the hole currently is from this one.

large.jpg

Is it me or is Wachovia a tease compared to BoA? We've been seeing WB's tower coming for a LONG time now and still no official renderings or press conferences on the tower. On BoA's side, hardly anybody ever mentioned the possibility of there being more to the RC block until about two or three days before the press conference and release of renderings. So, either BoA is great at keeping this stuff tight lipped, or Wachovia likes to see scraper-fans sweat.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived